Building multiple levels/scenes

Hi everybody! Just started using Ready Maker a few days ago, and I’ve already got a few (sort of) games put together. It seems like a very efficient system, and it’s done pretty well for me.

Many of my game ideas require multiple levels, as they otherwise become too simple. Is there a way to connect multiple scenes in Ready, without having to ask permission from the user to load another project? If not, I know that the project can be imported into Unity. How does that process work? I’ve seen the video for basic exporting, but I’m sure there is also a lot you can do in Unity as far as finishing touches that can’t be done in Ready.

Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

Hello! Next year (at the beginning of the year), we have planned to add to Ready, a new system for creating multi-level projects. At the moment, you can only use the option that you wrote about. As for exporting to Unity and editing the project, I can not give you clear instructions. At the moment you can do export and compile the project for different platforms. If you have the necessary skills to edit a project in Unity, of course … you can expand it and change it to your needs.

2 Likes

I’ll look forward to that then! Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I just started using Ready yesterday and I have the same question. Are there any updates to the planned system for multi-level projects? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello! Now you can use the this method : Create multiple levels

1 Like

Thank you, Ready Leader! That’s fantastic. But I have to ask another newbie question: that gif goes super fast and even after watching it a dozen times and hunting around again in my ReadyMaker app, I’m still not seeing where I can create a new level. Can you tell me where I can find the control or point me to instructions or even to a frame-by-frame version of the gif?

1 Like

Hello! Yes, try use this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/owuldf7kqjp2oc9/Load%20Level.mp4?dl=0

2 Likes

Thank you for the video link, Ready Leader!

In case anyone just wants to know the core technique, here’s what you do:

You create a separate project for each level, then create level transition events to advance from one level project to the next.

To create a level transition event from project “Level1” to project “Level2”, do the following in project “Level1”:

1. add an object to serve as the transition trigger.
  2. add an event.
  3. When: trigger object > Sensing > Colliding (or whatever you want involving sensing the trigger object)
  4. Do: System > System > Load My Project > “Level2”

In the running project, the player is prompted to save their progress data before advancing to the next “level”.

3 Likes

Hello,

My question is that if we create a multi level game would we still be able to export it to unity 3d without any problem? Would the different scenes or levels be joint together prior to the export therefore if we are to export to android or ios we will have a fully multilevel functioning game?

Please advise
thanks

1 Like

Hello @Ziadjbt78 ! No, that way which you use will not work in the Unity. At the moment there is a development of a new multi-level system, but it is not yet ready, when it is available, it’s hard to say. With it, you can export your multi-level projects to the Unity.

Oh ok I see. Would it be ready by end of this year? As I LOVE your platform and have so many ideas for games I would like to develop in it, however multi level system is an extremely important element for my projects to be able to exported within the same game to unity 3d. Hope you guys will release this feature some time soon … You will truly make me a happy man! And I’m sure many of other users would appreciate that a ton! Love your platform and looking further to future updates to make it the best no coding game making development engine out there!

2 Likes

Thank you @Ziadjbt78 ! I also look forward to the multi-level system, it is expected by many, I hope we will be able to realize it until the end of the year…

3 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to it then!

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

These are the steps from the video. You can slow videos or speed them up in VLC, but this one was CRAZY fast…or I am really old…and a noob.

2 Likes