My idea for ready maker

Hi!
I absolutely LOVE this program! It’s so easy to use and so much fun! The only thing I really want added is a way to create a multi-scene game. For example, one could make a select level screen. IF level one is selected DO go so scene one. And so on. And at the end of the level, you could either go to the next level (next scene) or go back to the menu (Start scene). Of course it should be able to be uploaded to unity. :slight_smile: Let me know what you think!

5 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9,

There is indeed a way, which my students have a lot of fun with even though it’s a little bit clunky. See this thread:

https://forum.getready.io/t/building-multiple-levels-scenes/154/7

Here’s what you do in a nutshell (quoting myself from the above thread):

You create a separate project for each level, then create level transition events to advance from one level project to the next.

To create a level transition event from project “Level1” to project “Level2”, do the following in project “Level1”:

1. add an object to serve as the transition trigger.
  2. add an event.
  3. When: trigger object > Sensing > Colliding (or whatever you want involving sensing the trigger object)
  4. Do: System > System > Load My Project > “Level2”

In the running project, the player is prompted to save their progress data before advancing to the next “level”.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

@Greenreader9 Or you could create different projects for different levels and code to switch to the next level in Unity.

1 Like

Thanks @auntiel and @samsajwani1234! Thanks so much for that helpful link, however I’m sill not to sure you would upload this to unity. Would you have to import all of the projects to unity and do Ready > Recreate Project for each project within the same unity project? Would that still work wit the “Load My Project” command in Ready?
Thanks for your response!

3 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9,

The “Load My Project” is a feature of the Ready runtime, so no, it doesn’t work in Unity. You’ve pretty much nailed it - you’d need to upload each Ready project separately to Unity, then set up each imported Ready project as a scene in your Unity project, then use Unity scene transitions to built the navigation.

I don’t know if Ready > Recreate Project would work for that or if you’d have to do it differently. Sorry, my Unity familiarity is only rudimentary :stuck_out_tongue: Try searching the forums, though; there’ve been previous discussions where people have given more precise answers.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @auntiel! Can @Ready or @Dravin help me answer my question about how I would import this into unity so it would work properly?
Thanks again for the helpful answer!

2 Likes

Sorry, I have no experience with implementing multiple projects that work together as levels in unity.

Unity allows you to create scenes for your game such as a level scene, main menu scene, etc. It allows you to do whatever you want with the scene. However, as Ready does not support this, I’m not sure how to do it with unity.

1 Like

No problem @Greenreader9! Glad to help you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dravin probably this could be useful. It is taken from the official Unity website:

1 Like

Thanks for the link! It may be helpful, although it would still be nice to know if this will function using Ready projects.

2 Likes