Text Verification Not Working

Don’t really know what to call this, but the “Text Different Than” function does not work.

This only moves the camera if the imputed text is equel to 5

This also moves the camera only if the imputed text is equel to 5

My end goal is to move the camera to “X” if it’s equal to 5, and “Y” if it is anything else.

@Ready, to get your attention

2 Likes

@Ready, to get your attention

2 Likes

both scripts DO the same thing, Camera - Position - SET POSITION TO OBJECT SMOOTHLY - Directions, so if its equal or not equal its just snapping to directions smoothly anyways uh lma000, plus there are better ways of doing move to x and y of an object (yes, a sprite not a function or anything else)

2 Likes

Yes, that was just an example. I should have clarified, but the events are actually different in my game. No matter what text is entered, the camera always moves as if it is equal to “5”

2 Likes

alright gotcha now, in that case then im not sure :confused:

3 Likes

@Ready? Are you out there?

2 Likes

@Ready, I know you have been here (I posted this topic 15 days ago, and the fourm says you have been here 3 times the past 7 days). Are you just ignoring me, or is something else going on here? The statistics also make me think that you have seen this topic as well.
Thanks

2 Likes

You should check out Construct.net
It’s easy to use the visual editor.
There’s lots of YouTube videos showing how to make 2d games using Construct.net

1 Like

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

2 Likes

Fine, just ignore me @Ready.

2 Likes

I have posted this topic, as well as others over 30 days ago. In that time, @Ready as visited at least 6 times. You used to be good with replying and keeping people updated here, but apparently no more. I can see if you did not visit at all (With COVID and all), but I am 99.9% positive that you have seen and read my topics, and simply ignored them in the past month. If you cannot even acknowledge me, I refuse to promote and talk good about this service, on the sole reason that you are ignored for some unknown reason if you ask for help.

If anyone has any Ready alternatives (Thanks to those that have already shared), I would be happy to consider them.

2 Likes

There’s POCKET CODE for Android and IOS. It’s like Scratch and you can save data to a device and make your game into an app. The app can’t be published to an App Store.

BUILDBOX is like a simplified version of Unity. You can check their forum for help.

2 Likes

That one looks promising, thanks!

1 Like