I made the Pong game from the tutorials and then decided to try to make it work a little better. I added selectable difficulty and a “reset” button for when the ball gets stuck.
I got it to where I was fairly happy with it inside ReadyMaker on desktop, but then I was disappointed to notice that the ball’s bullet movement behaviour becomes very bizarre and unnatural in webgl. It works well enough on mobile, but using a mouse comes much closer to the original game feel of the console game.
I tried a bunch of different settings for physics and materials but nothing made much difference.
If you want to try it, the best way is to use your phone to remix it then save and run it on a computer inside ReadyMaker.
Thank you @Ready! With your mods it works much better! When I have time to tinker some more I’ll do the other levels. Also I think some updated calibration is needed; the updated easy level seems far too easy. And maybe I’ll try going back to the round ball. I made it square to match the original console game, but that effect is lost if the square is rotated.
I think without testing, it’s hard to predict the result. This is the part of the process that is necessary to create each game. It often happens that there are differences between the version of Android and PC, so it’s right when you test your game on all devices.
This is easily done using the global variable. You can change the speed value for the “Bullet” behavior in the Event Manager. Look at these tutorials to better understand the workings of global variables:
If you have any more questions, we will be happy to help you understand them!