Adding world map to canvas

Hi
How can I make a game in which player selects correct places from given world map
Just got the idea and want to know how to materialize it on Ready

3 Likes

Welcome!
So you are thinking of having a world map, and when the player clicked on a country based on a question, they get either a “correct” of “incorrect” message?

You would have to have either:
A. Multiple “Scenes” and use system-load scene
B. Have multiple events that control the text and which country is correct.

Either way, you would need buttons that match the exact shape of the country (or an object that can act as a button). Personally, I would choose “B”, and do something similar to what’s below.

Have all your questions off to the side, and a transparent object where you want the text positioned (called “text object” and part of a group). Have a counter on a “controller” object. Also, have a transparent object called “switch”.

When counter = 1, than text1 move to “text object”
When counter=1 AND button “america” is pressed, set checkmark to active, and set “switch” to 1
When counter=1 AND button “china” is pressed, set X to active (repeat this for all incorrect countries)

When switch = 1, group of text objects move to (somewhere off-screen), counter + 1, checkmark is hidden, X is hidden, switch =0

When counter =2, than text2 move to “text object”
When counter=2 AND button “Mexico” is pressed, set checkmark to active, set switch to 1
When counter=2 AND button “iceland” is pressed, set X to active (repeat this for all incorrect countries)

(repeat for all questions)

Hope this helps! Feel free to respond with questions!

3 Likes

@Sheba welcome to the official Ready Maker forum.

As far as I understand what you mean to say, I think you need to upload a world map image to ready maker and adjust it on the canvas. Then you can add a circle, set its size to something like 0.5 by 0.5, and in the events, set its opacity to 0%. Make sure to add a counter to it and set its value to 0.

Then you can program in events that at a certain point of time, a question appears, and the circle position is where the country (correct answer) is. If the circle is tapped, you get a message of CORRECT and if somewhere else is tapped, you get a message of INCORRECT. Then the process can repeat.

2 Likes