Remixing from share links stopped working

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else had trouble remixing someone else’s project from a share link? I successfully remixed one project today in the normal fashion, but when I tried another one a bit later it opened the mobile browser instead of ReadyMaker. I tried a few things like clearing cache, placing the link in different apps, using different devices (two different iPads and an Android phone) all with the same result. Did something happen to the remix system or is it just me? Grateful for any tips!

4 Likes

Seems to be working fine on my device. What’s your mobile device?

5 Likes

Thanks @Dravin. After posting I think I may have stumbled upon what’s going on. I was trying to remix older projects (from summer 2018) that I had saved share links for. When I logged into one of the affected accounts, I noticed multiple copies of all the projects. I’m not sure if my remix attempts caused those copies but either way I noticed that the copies have updated share links with the new url format, and using those links I am able to remix. So overall the issue appears to be related to the transition to an updated share link system.

To answer your question, I tried it on two different iPads, one older and one even older, and on a Nexus 5 android phone. I tried placing the share links in apple Notes and in google docs.

5 Likes

Yes, that’s right, probably this problem may occur with old projects.

4 Likes

No worries, I’m just glad the projects are still available! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excuse me, can you remix just by sending the share link? I’m trying to share my project with another user who’d like to use it as a base for their own project, but I don’t want to give him my own account.
When I open the link I’ve taken in a browser, the only options are to play the game and to share it further, I can’t see the remixing option…

2 Likes

Hi @Jaakko, welcome to the forum!

You can share a project with another user if they open the share link on a mobile device where they have the Ready Maker app installed and are logged in to their account.

4 Likes

Thank you!
And thank you for the advice. When my friend has made his own remix on his mobile device, they can access it from anywhere, so this solves my problem!

3 Likes

does it have to be opened on a mobile device?

3 Likes

This only if you need export the your project to the another account!

2 Likes

Yes, it needs to be on a mobile device. Open your project, REMIX to make a copy. SHARE to get the link. Send the link to your person. They open it on a mobile and it opens in Ready where they can save it. It then appears in Projects in your computer app as well.