Voice over recording

We are trying to add a voice over recording. We converted the files into the correct interface but the game doesn’t want to save the voice over files. Please help. Thanks !!

2 Likes

What encoding did you use? (wav or ogg are the correct ones.)

Do you get some sort of error message or warning? What happens exactly?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @sophieg24! Can you please describe your problem in more detail? But from what you have mentioned, the only thing I can guess is that the files might be large… I expect we can further help you if you tell exactly what do you mean by the game doesn’t want to save the voice over files?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. So we uploaded the files and the records worked but if we exit the app and come back, the voice over are not saved even though we saved them before exiting out.

2 Likes

HI, Thank you for your help. No error message at all. The app doesn’t save the files when we exit the app.

1 Like

Can you tell us…

• The encoding of the file (mp3, ogg, wav, etc.)
  • The size of the file
  • The device you are using

Thanks!

2 Likes

We did ogg and the biggest one is 99kb. The game doesn’t want to save the file.
Thank you for helping.
Sophie

3 Likes

And using a laptop (We are not using a mac).

2 Likes

Hi @sophieg24 welcome to the Forum! :slightly_smiling_face: Try use the this online converter for your sounds: TwistedWave Online Audio Editor (Settings: File format (OGG), Bitrate (32 kbps)).

1 Like

And it’s not entirely clear to me, when you click save the project and close it, then open it again, the sounds disappear from the project? If so, try this:

• Create a new project, add sounds to it and save the project. (Open a new project again and look result )
  • Also you can try remove previously added sounds and upload new ones (According to the settings I sent you)
2 Likes

@sophieg24 You can also try to clear the cache from the app. Sometimes temporary background memory also causes such issues… Take a look at this

2 Likes

Thank you. We will try.

3 Likes

The sound doesn’t “stick”

1 Like

I just looked at the '“events” tasks and the ready maker version that my daughter has doesn’t have the possibility to add sound, as it is not in the event tool bar. Please let us know how we can add it.

Thanks

Sophie

1 Like

we might have figured it out !! thank you all for your help !!

2 Likes

Missing icons is usually caused by a bad internet connection, or a bad load. Simple restarting the device should help. Glad you got it all figured out! :smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that you figured it out!

2 Likes