Measure distance between sprites example

READY_SCAN

This might inspire some coders to come up with new ideas for games using READY.

An invisible (0% opacity) circle grows in size from the eye and collides with the black star.
The SCAN counter set’s it’s value to a variable when the circle collides with the black star.
The variable increases in value until the circle collides with the black star.
The variable is set to 0 and the circles size goes to small after the collision.

@Ready @davidsol

1 Like

This is cool. Can you post to the forum?

https://ready.app.link/ftE8FYmM5M

This links to a better example.
Move the man with the joystick.
The circle grows until colliding with a “Bombastic” class member.
The Scan: value shown is the distance from the man to the nearest Bombastic class member.
Sound added for fun.

A game could be made with this code to detect invisible enemies/ghosts.
Using either a number that decreases in value when an enemies getting closer, or a sound that repeats faster.

1 Like

Thank You @Suzzy-Grey! Cool logic :+1:

1 Like

@Network5
I’d like to help with making READY games.( i’m not interested in receiving any money from games you publish to app stores)
I like making 3D sprites and animated Gifs and have coded AI that’s better than what’s been done
with READY projects shown so far.
So, i now wait for your reply

1 Like

Hi! Are you sending this message as a request to join our team? If so, please message me, and I’ll let the other team members know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. You can message your other team members.
I’m currently in fiji with my parents at the moment and will be returning home in a weeks time.
So i’ll have access to my pc and programs when home.
When i get back home, i’ll message you here again, then we can discuss what i can hopefully contribute to your team.

1 Like

Perfect! Have fun in Fiji! We look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

We will definitely look into this! We are currently going through a lot of events, and we have many things planned. We have 3 games being made all at once, all being released at different times. We are also trying to learn Unity and get on android. But we can definitely try this some time!

1 Like

Application now sent.

1 Like

Just received your application! The whole team will review your application, and we will come to an agreement. This may take some time as the whole team will be busy, but we will make a decision as soon as we can!

1 Like

Something i’ll be experimenting with when i get back home is recording video footage of real objects and locations and using that data for making animated gifs and 3d models.
I’ll discuss more later.

1 Like