Gif problems not loading or deleting

A lot of times when I search gify or try to upload one of my own gifs it won’t load. It sits there with the loading symbol and I cannot edit it away. Please fix this!!!

6 Likes

I have the same issue. An inconvenient way to solve this is to just reopen the app

5 Likes

Another trick is to add any of the visible objects from the your libraries to the scene, after which it can be deleted. Once you do this, the assets will be updated in your library. (Sorry guys for this, sometimes some requests to the server come with a delay).

5 Likes

Neither suggestion has worked @Ready @Dravin

6 Likes

@kenobi exit out of the whole project and return to the menu of the ready app, then close it out and reopen it

6 Likes

This suggestion didn’t work either. Some gifs are working but others do not and stay in “limbo” neither fully loading nor letting me delete them

6 Likes

Something that may work is upload the images/gifs you want to use to me on the Help Me topic you made.
I can make a blank project and copy your images to the project.
Then i can send you a link to that project with your images already loaded.

6 Likes

This is probably due to the large size of your files, the optimal file size is not more than 500kb - 1 mb

6 Likes

Blank canvas and files being loaded from gify through the app @Ready

6 Likes

Yes, in the Giphy there may be large GIFs … and also, not all GIF files work well in the Ready.
Since we use some behaviors to control the GIF file, the GIF must correspond to some settings. A bit more detailed:
If you open the GIF file in the Adobe Photoshop editor, you must select the “Dispose” parameter in the settings for each frame. If there is a parameter “Do not dispose” - this frame will be skipped. Perhaps the reason is this. However, most gif files updated from giphy(Inside Ready Maker) should work.

6 Likes

i dont mind some files not being able to load. I was just wondering how to get them out of queue really.

5 Likes

@kenobi maybe if you remix the project, the remix might omit or delete the broken gifs

6 Likes

I hooked up my android tablet to my pc and looked at Ready Maker files.
I think all the players uploaded assets and sounds were in some folders.
It might be easier placing images,gifs and sounds direct into the folders for those assets.
I’ll try doing that and see if it works.

6 Likes

What device u r using? If you use iPhone, then you can force restart the device by pressing down the Home and Power buttons. Or you can check out this article for help.

4 Likes