Car Showdown : News/Updates

Version 1.1 is currently live on Google Play Store.

3 Likes

@Ready Please read all of the below as I need your help to do this perfectly and on time to not miss all of the back to back events that Montreal gets for gaming as we are the biggest place in the world for Game Studios.

Ok so here is the rundown now I have reached the point where I need all versions back to back from 1.2 to 1.4 so I can submit my game app for reviews to Rebbit,IGN,Giant Bomb, Go to speak on Radios & TV and attend live events in Montreal known as DreamHack and way more.

Also I will be donating 10% to whatever my game app makes to health foundations.

So in short I’ll be on TV,Radio and Live Events marketing “Health Foundations,Ready and my Game App”.

But in order to do all of this I need to work in parallel with Ready or this may take way to long for me to do on my own and get the same results on a way later date.

Meaning me and Ready have to be in sink with each other like Batman & Robin here.

Because DreamHack Montreal is an event with all of the Game Studios Globally and all of eSports & MLG also good thing I use to work in Game Studios and am a current eSports & MLG Player so I know exactly how to speak to these people to get this software known and the game app known.

Only thing is I reached the point where some issues are to complex to fix alone that it will simply take me more time to do and I may miss certain live events writing on forums or Google searching or watching videos to figure it out.

So here is exactly what I’ll be doing for my future versions in detail.

Version 1.2

I need to update my APK for it to be a 32 & 64 Bit compatible versions within the same APK as per Google Play Store is Action Required e mail and fix the Green Car Navmesh bug that occurs when launching the game or when winning or losing the game at a 100% repro rate.

Needs to be published within 1 to 2 weeks maximum time.

This version will only be marketed across Facebook & LinkedIn like Version 1.0 and 1.1.

Version 1.3

Adding a Loading Screen with a Green & Blue fill color loading bar like the cars in the game with a background image behind the bar explaining the rules of the game while people wait for the game to load all of it’s assets.

By Mid July it needs to published.

This version will be marketed on Breakfast Television,Other TV channels,Radios,Facebook and LinkedIn.

Version 1.4

Make sure the Loading screen is perfect for all lower API devices.

By first week of August needs to be published.

This version will be marketed at DreamHack Live Event,Submitted for review to Rebbit,IGN and Giant Bomb and way more and Facebook and LinkedIn.

Publish to Apple Appstore By November

3 Likes

So currently looking into DreamHack Montreal for some details it’s an event for LAN, esports, cosplay, indies, and expo at the Olympic Stadium it will be September 6th to 8th this year.

3 Likes

I’d love to come but I live so far from Canada :joy: Little Rock, AR to Montreal is 1,427.7 miles :flushed:

2 Likes

Google Play will NOT give me an extension to create a 32 & 64 Bit Versions within the same APK for “Car Showdown” if I don’t meet there requirements by August 1st 2019 my Game App will be taken down.

According to Unity I need 2017.4 and higher and According to Google Play Something with Android Studio until this is fixed all Production and Marketing is on pause as this is the highest priority.

All the Google Play links I sent to Ready via PM.

Ready needs a NEW version of Unity ASAP also what will happen to my Keystore Key to do mobile game app updates since made on an older version of Unity going to a newer version of Unity?

2 Likes

What??? The unity version supported was released onto March of 2018. This version is not outdated at all, and is still the version I use. This is extremely odd. Can they even do that? O-o

Google Play published a public statement 2 and a half years ago for all apps to support both 32 & 64 Bit Version APKS and if all apps DO NOT meet these requirements Google Play will be taking them all down by August 1st 2019 via Automation Software.

@Ready Heads Up on this make sure the Ready app itself supports both 32 & 64 Bit Versions not everyone is getting a notice about this.

2 Likes

… we know about this, we are already working on a new version. @James - You can use the old keystore for the new APK version. When we updated on to the new version of Unity, I think you will have enough time to create a new apk with 64 bit.

3 Likes

When will the new Unity version be coming out? Also how can I use the old keystore on a new version of Unity?

I want to do the way of ONE APK that has BOTH a 32 & 64 Bit Versions not TWO separate APKS details about this are on Google Play website.

Also will the new version of Unity break my “Car Showdown” game app?

Google Play knows how to make people panic lol

3 Likes

When the new engine is ready, you simply re-export your project to the new Uniy version, then use the key from the old version (You can add it to any version of Unity).

…And please, stop using bold font :grinning:

3 Likes

lol do I need to uninstall the old version of Unity 2017.3.1p4? when installing the new Unity version? Also when is the new version coming with Ready?

1 Like

Yes, it is advisable to remove the old version. I have no information about when we complete the work on the new version. But do not worry. I’ll let you know about it.

1 Like

Awesome just when you guys re-export Ready games into new versions of Unity do new bugs appear out of nowhere?

Also this may even help in terms of performance of my game app for faster loading times etc.

And finally once Ready completes the work for the new version of Unity please let me know at the sametime how to make a 32 & 64 Bit Versions all within ONE APK.

I am resuming production on my end for Version 1.3 “Loading Screen Tutorial Background Image for game rules” I won’t be making the loading bar itself until the new version of Unity comes in for Ready.

I will be reaching out to DreamHack Montreal for general information about how much booths cost etc to let people play test my game app and talk about Ready.

2 Likes

Amazon%20Product%20Features

Nothing major here but I updated Car Showdown is Product Features on Amazon Appstore stating “No In-Game ADS” Because there Appstore is not like Google Play that says “Contains no Ads” Amazon says this game app “May Contain Ads” so I needed to let people know I have no Ads in my game app and Ads push people away plus I don’t want them in my video games ever lol either Charge the video games or FREE with In-App Purchases for me.

3 Likes

Bug Issues I am currently addressing as people always and I mean always bring it up to me for the next upcoming versions this weekend since it is a 3 day long weekend in Canada for me.

Version 1.2 Green Navmesh Status “In Process of finding a fix”

“I have been trying for maybe 2 months now on my own attempting to fix this bug and every variation of a fix I try fails… I am actively trying to find the correct fix for this.”

Version 1.3 Added Tutorial & Loading Screen Bar “Tutorial Background Image currently being designed”

For the Loading Screen Bar I am waiting on the new Ready version of Unity before writing code for this.

Version 1.4 Improve Performance for lower APIs.

For now the new Ready version of Unity may help fix this a bit more details on this as this production continues.

Also soon I will be sending Ready a PM of everyone I am messaging to promote this game app.

2 Likes

Today all I have been trying to fix this Green Car Navmesh bug and Designing the Tutorial Background Image.

I have been writing the Wireframe for the next Car Showdown game also I will need more Car assets in Ready to do this and not ones where I need to get licensing but Car assets where these models don’t look like anything that already exists.

I am planning on starting to build this game in November after everything is done with the first game.

It is nowhere near the same kinda Gameplay all I will say is this game is actually the only one that will ever have these many features and will always be the hardest one to debug and build.

1 Like

I will be approaching Google Stadia with version 1.3 of Car Showdown.

1 Like

Alright so what I’m thinking about doing is for Version 1.2 Hotfix Build to just publish both the 32 & 64 bit versions of an APK only.

and Version 1.3 worry about the Green Car Navmesh.

Because Google Play is flooding my e mail with action required every few days… as August 1st 2019 approaches… :neutral_face:

Anyways Version 1.2 is just to remain published.

Version 1.3 and 1.4 is to go everywhere with this game app no walls or roadblocks.

2 Likes

I am currently looking into buying a external hard drive to hold all of my Unity Keys as I will be continuing to build 2D Arcade games within Ready :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mixer%20Game%20App%20Promotion

I am now promoting my Car Showdown game app on my Xbox Live Mixer account when I Live Stream games people will now see my game and Ready Maker promoted I only have 550 + followers on this but it will still get some followers and viewers of my Live Streams.

1 Like