Car Showdown : News/Updates

ya it’s 2D lol

Ready updated to a new version of Unity?

3 Likes

No, but maybe one day

3 Likes

So Intro loading screen it is.

What I’m trying figure out is if my game scene is getting a black screen after the watermarks do I need to create a new scene just for my loading screen of just simple one image that will last 13 seconds and link both scenes together somehow?

Do I need to play both scenes at the sametime if even possible? because my loading screen will be 13 seconds so it wont overlap my game so 2 seconds of black screen is not an issue,because my game scene is 15 seconds of black.

3 Likes

You can try that but the black screen usually happens on its own with unity projects

2 Likes

So even adding a loading screen the issue may still occur?

2 Likes

Honestly I’m not so sure. Maybe someone else on the forum who knows about it can help. I’m not really experienced in this field yet and I’m just as eager to learn more.

2 Likes

James, you sent me good tutorials about the boot screen. I think they should help you. But it is best to reduce the number of objects in the scene. We have already said that we can add one image and 4 colliders on the sides, instead of many other objects. Each of these objects significantly adds time to loading the scene.

3 Likes

Ya but I’m not changing the level design in order to do one fix because removing these assets will create several bug of a bug issues that will result in several blockers,crashes,ripped textures,out of world and more plus it will ruin the game itself for me this way it’s only one bug and I gotta find another way to fix it hopefully for version 1.2.

3 Likes

drg

Very cool it looks like cars that can be added in the 2008 movie Death Race :sunglasses:

How long did it take you?

3 Likes

30 mins that’s very impressive.

3 Likes

It’s been awhile since I posted a update on here been busy with eSports and my new job and have maybe 20 minutes of free time everyday during the working week.

So what’s currently happening that’s new.

I attended a Hotel Conference of 70 people for Indie game devs and was given a chance to speak for 30 seconds about my game and that it was built using Ready Maker and 30 seconds to show my game trailer from Google Play Store.

I pretty much was sitting on steel chair on a long table next to several Indie game devs with my laptop and letting people who stopped for my game play it via the Ready website so they can play my game while afterwards I’d show them Ready in the process like example “Ready has a learning a section on how to build video games and it’s great start before using editors like Unity”.

So in total 7 people stopped to play my game and only 2 people purchased my game so a whole 1.40$ CAD I made today lol and 1 person who was really interested in Ready since YouTube videos of learning and learning section on how to build on Ready website.

I have no photos or videos of this event since It’s not allowed at the Hotel I went to for some wtv reason.

These events are FREE to attend for any Indie game devs globally you just gotta find the right Hotel this one happened to be across the street of my work so I asked them if I can present my game and they said sure.

My current steps of now in exact order below.

Publish Version 1.1 with perfect in-game design meaning major bugs fixed then publish new APK update onto Amazon Appstore and Google Play Store.

Market my new Version 1.1 on LinkedIn and Facebook with mentioning “Built using Ready Maker” with Ready is Facebook page linked onto every new post.

Also my game app will be FREE for E3 game sale starting June 9th for 8 days for Android.

Version 1.2 what I need to do as per Google is Action Required e mail about my game app update my APK to 64 & 32 Bit Variants by August 1st 2019.

Version 1.3 Loading screen added which will result in me e mailing companies like GiantBomb and IGN and Rebbit and Breakfast Television and Radios and way more.

I will share all photos and videos of said places in this thread and if I’m sending e mails to these companies I’ll send Ready a PM of screenshots so you guys can see also a real step by step of what I’m doing currently.

If I’m not posting in this thread it’s because the game app is simply not moving within that time.

Now for Version 1.4 I’ll be looking into lower API devices for Android and iOS to see what bugs are happening there that need to be fixed.

By July or August maximum I will publish my game app onto Apple Appstore.

Then market this game app globally and on a grand scale.

100% of my action plan all here for Ready :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This excellent plans.:muscle: Thank you for helping to promote Ready.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My Car Showdown game app will be FREE starting tomorrow June 9th on Google Play Store and June 10th for Amazon Appstore for my E3 game sale for 8 days for Android Devices only.

I am actively working on Version 1.1 for bug fixes so I can publish it and it won’t be TV and Radio ready until Version 1.3.

3 Likes

What I recently updated people about on social media.

Car Showdown Game App Update on what I am currently doing day to day in my pass time.

I am Currently working on Version 1.1 for Android fixing major bugs Like Audio,Play Again Button loading time when pressing the Play Again in-game button.

Version 1.2 Hotfix Build for Android Updating my APK to 64 & 32 Bit Variants within the same APK file.

Version 1.3 for Android A Loading screen will be added to fix my current black screen after the Ready & Unity logos in the intro of my game app.

Version 1.4 for Android I’ll be looking into Improvements to my AI Green Car is Navmesh.

Publish to Apple Appstore.

Version 1.5 for Android I’ll be looking into lower API devices for Android to see what bugs are happening there that need to be fixed.

3 Likes

Good%20Feedback%20Car%20Showdown

First review from my E3 Game sale my game app has an overall rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 based off of 3 reviews so far.

I won’t be adding menu options since super tiny bumper car game lol

3 Likes

I will be creating a QA Test Plan tomorrow for Amazon Appstore to test my game app in a very specific way and report back to me,as I need an issue crosschecked across several Android devices and I only have my personal device so if it’s a device issue I won’t be able to tell without doing this step and if it’s a bug a quick Hotfix build to fix it.

Also I am currently looking into information about Google Play Store is QA Team for game apps.

I am planning to publish Version 1.1 by next Saturday as I have to set a release date in order for Amazon to test my game app.

Also I want to get things moving so I can try to get this game more out there.

3 Likes

Love seeing this game progress! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Google Play Store got back to me with this below so I’ll be using Amazon Appstore to QA Test my game.Since they have a QA Team and I need live testing.

I may use What Google is telling me to simply test it.

I understand that you wish to have your new APK tested with multiple test devices before publishing to production track.

However, I’m sorry to inform you that Google Play does not provide QA team APK review service before publishing in Developer Console. But the good news is that Developer Console has a feature called “Pre-Launch Report” that enables developers to identify issues within their APKs with a wide range of devices running different versions of Android.

To enable the Pre-launch report, you will simply need to upload your APK to one of the testing tracks: open Beta, closed Alpha, or internal test track.

And lastly, I am happy to inform you that the pre-launch report feature is completely free for developers to deploy!

2 Likes

Just sent off my QA Test Plan for Car Showdown to Amazon Appstore.

Black Screen for every Android device from 4.1 to current to be tested on how long each Black Screen is per device.

Green Car Navmesh on what is causing this issue to be more investigated.

Audio testing also.

I asked them to provide me with repro steps and compressed video files for any issue they may get of any of the above also my QA Test Plan is massive and very detailed not the tiny sentences I just wrote on here lol.

2 Likes

Version 1.1 is currently live on Amazon Appstore and will be live on Google Play Store shortly.

2 Likes