About the Ready for Unreal category

This is a new Forum area where from time to time we’ll share updates on our “Unreal integration” with Ready Maker.

3 Likes

Welcome to the “Ready for Unreal” forum thread!

Many of you have been asking for integration with Unreal Engine. We decided to give it a try, and we’re making headway! So this is a new Forum area where from time to time we’ll share updates on our “Unreal integration” with Ready Maker.

To recap our goals:

• Export the Ready project to your PC/Mac. (done for Unity)
  • From there import the project into Unreal.
  • Play and modify the project in Unreal.
  • Optionally export the project from Unreal to a standalone game, for any number of platforms like PC, Mac, mobile- even consoles!

With Unreal integration and our working Unity3D integration, we’ll be giving you all the potential pathways to grow your coding skills from Ready to Unity or Unreal.

Here’s a video showing baby steps. We took a basic Ready project- “Pong”- and exported it from Ready to Unreal. You’ll notice that not all the elements in Ready are working yet- like the events controlling the A.I. of the computer’s paddle. But a lot IS working- the scene scale, the colliders, the physics. So bit by bit we’ll clear through what’s not working to get to a releasable version you can play with.

Down the road, there may be opportunities to test Unreal integration. If you’re interested in being a beta tester, you can raise your hand in the forum, and we can keep you posted on when testable builds are available (you’ll need a PC and a copy of Unreal, which is free).

Stay tuned for more updates!

David + Team Ready

5 Likes

Wow,

Congratulations David and team Ready! This is so exciting. To see how no other company/game creation software that does exactly this, with all the elements in Ready, it is so unremarkable.

Unreal Engine has always been one of my absolute favorite game engines, and I’ve always wanted to try it.

Unity, however, is definitely my #1, and my #1 go to for learning code outside of Ready.

The courses Ready creates is expidentually spectacular, and that is what makes Ready unique.

I hear many people say Ready is limited, but with what’s going on, Ready is always expanding.

I remember last year how Ready won best of tech. This is something that should give Ready the award again outside of robotics.

Thank you Ready for all the new things happening. Ready is always growing, and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

From,
Dravin - Owner of Network5

3 Likes

Thanks Dravin! Great to have your support.

3 Likes

hello
how i can get (ready for unreal) plugin

You guys are doing a marvellous job! Ready is by far my all time favorite software and I barely scratched the surface of what this beast can do! Loving it to bits and pieces!

hello All,

same question, I do not get how to get this into Unreal.

i also tried with unity and I do not see the “Ready” in the navigation bar

1 Like

Hey @demumood, Ready does not support Unreal now! It works with Unity only. If you face any issues in using Unity, you could post it in the Help, how do I...? category, and some of our regular users of Unity would be able to help you out