Unity Visual Scripting

Today is the official launch of Unity 2020.1

I am making this thread as Unity now supports a new system called “Bolt”

Bolt is a free visual scripting system you can use in Unity. This has been launched publicly with the release of unity 2020.1.

If you wish to try it out, here’s the link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/bolt-163802

(Its also important to mention since ready is also has visual scripting so this should make it easier for people to transition from Ready to Unity)

Bolt is available for all Unity plans.

Bolt 2 will be announced later this year for more features and compatibility.

5 Likes

The thumbnail looks like the things in unreal engine. I used to use unreal engine but i didnt know how to use it.

4 Likes

Unity is further moving forward! (Received this message 2 days ago on mail where I have subscribed for emails from Unity)

Really fascinating to see that Unity released a new version in just 2 months for BETA testing

3 Likes

Since Ready Maker supports Unity, I thought sharing this with other users would be great!

3 Likes

There’s also another free visual script called “GAMEFLOW” for Unity.
Not many ppl use it and there’s very few Youtube video tutorials.
Gameflow is like an advanced version of Scratch.
This message is for the benefit of others reading this and don’t know about it.
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/gameflow-14808

3 Likes

Unity is organizing a virtual summit as well. The link has all the details of the summit

3 Likes

One more news I have received from Unity via email

Introduction to Unity MARS | Augmented Reality (AR)

Unity would like to invite you to its next live webinar session on Tuesday October 13th at 11am ID/TH/VNT, 12pm MY/PH/SGT, 2pm AEST or 4 pm NZDT via Zoom and YouTube Live.

Unity MARS brings the environment and sensor data into your creative workflow, so you can build intelligent AR apps that are context-aware and responsive to the real-world physical space, working in any location and with any kind of data.

In this free webinar, we will introduce you to the most fundamental features of Unity MARS. You will learn how to use the templates provided with the MARS package to create interactive AR applications. Find out more on Unity MARS.

To register please Click here!

Please note that the Q&A is only available for users joining on Zoom.

If you have missed any of our previous webinars, you can watch the recordings on our YouTube Channel.

Please email us at events_sapac@unity3d.com if you have further questions.

You can also join our discussion board in Discord.

See you soon!

The Unity Team

3 Likes

I am not sure whether it is useful for someone, but I have also received these links with the Unity for Humanity Summit email, so I am sharing here

I would be sharing important Unity updates that I would receive within this topic

3 Likes