The Ready Maker Handbook: Imagining the World Through Software

Hi guys

I’m thinking of buying the book:

The Ready Maker Handbook: Imagining the World Through Software

To familiarize myself better with the Ready Maker platform and use it for educational purposes. I saw that it’s released in Nov 2016 and we’re almost mid 2020 is this book still relevant now as it was 3 - 4 years ago?

I suspect many changes and updates went on into the platform but the basics and fundamentals and learning the logic should be the same right? I still can benefit from it?

Anyone bought it here? And if so do you guys recommend it?

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers!

Ziad

5 Likes

I started Ready Maker in late 2017 and the concepts are exactly the same, just a lot of updates that don’t change the basic idea of the software.

Maaaaany additions and improvements have been made. My favorite change was the ability to use ready maker in Unity 2019! (Used to be for unity 2017)

5 Likes

Thanks man. Already got the ebook version of it from Kobo. Loving it already! Very simple to follow and pretty interesting.

4 Likes

Is there any site where I could download or read this book online?

2 Likes

I found this site https://api.ucdavis.edu/zifmgogwlar/19-charlene-herzog/eNjGVHuUM4-the-ready-maker-handbook-imagining-the-world-thr-book.pdf

2 Likes

I like how there’s a guide to Ready Maker. I remember going through it over a year ago. I think Ready used to also be called “Kandu” as well :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey @poweringbaconmaker! I checked this website out, it asks to register to be able to download the e-book. When I click on the “Register” button, it takes to another link that says that “Registration is not available”! I also searched for any other site but not available! However, I’ve found it on Rakuten Kobo. The book is currently available for US$8.69 on Kobo.

2 Likes