Suzzy's Games for Ready and PC

Thanks for the info.
I could also slow the rate at which the balls are spawned to make the game easier, instead of slowing the balls fall speed.

This is just for fun.

If i made a professional version, i’d have a title screen, instructions, fast beat soundtrack, cloned splat sprites appear when a balls popped, and have the players score reduce by 10 when a red balls popped, instead of Game Over for tapping a red ball.

I would also have a long thin rectangle sprite move up and down to collide with all cone sprites at the same time instead of the star that moves from left to right in a loop.
(That would require 4 random variables for the 4 cones, instead of the 1 random variable that’s shared with the 4 cones currently. Or different variable conditions for each cone to spawn a red or blue ball.)

5 Likes

This game is brilliant, @Suzzy-Grey! I played the most recent version and it seems to be working perfectly. It’s fun in the same way that popping bubble wrap is fun :joy: This game is perfectly suited for the Ready platform. I also like @Ready’s suggestion of increasing the difficulty over time.

5 Likes

https://ready.app.link/66oWxdZLi1
@auntiel @kenobi @Dravin @Ready

Here is a random voice sound generator.
I made a simpler version than what i was describing earlier.

4 Likes

I love it!! I can’t stop laughing though because of all the voices being ended so quickly :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Awesome!:clap::clap::clap: This look very funny!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

This is a riot, @Suzzy-Grey! It sounds like when you rapidly turn the radio tuner dial through the stations :smile:

3 Likes

Halloween is over, but it might be fun to make a “spooky” version of this game using whispered word fragments and randomly positioned glowing orbs that light up against a dark background each time a sound is played. Or a happy version with a sunny sky, butterflies or flowers, and children’s voices. The possibilities are endless!

4 Likes

Thanks. I’m glad you liked it.
You have a lot of creative ideas as well.

4 Likes

This is progress so far of a recreation of a puzzle game i played a few years ago.
The joystick moves the yinyang sprite.
The player moves the yinyang over a square.
When buttons tapped, arrows shoot up,down,left,right from yinyang.
Squares change color from green to yellow or yellow to green when arrows collide with them.
And the square the yinyang sits on changes color when buttons tapped.
The goal is to make all squares green.
I haven’t coded the arrows yet or for the yinyang to not move off screen.
And haven’t coded to detect when all squares are green.

A small circle randomly jumps around the screen for 1.5 secs at start and changes yellow to green if touching.

Edit: I plan to remove joystick and button and have player tap the squares

@auntiel @Dravin @Ready

4 Likes

Wow! That sounds awesome! I love complex logic! :sunglasses:

“I plan to remove joystick and button and have player tap the squares” - I agree, this should work better.

4 Likes

I think this is a great idea! :mechanical_arm: Sometimes the team and I play similar games in order to have closer communication with each other :video_game: :video_game: :video_game:. It is fun and very interesting. :slightly_smiling_face: :metal:

3 Likes

Here’s a puzzle/strategy game i made.
Description tells how to play.
@Ready
@auntiel
@Dravin
@kenobi

The monster can’t see thru the blue squares.
The blue squares positions are randomly placed each game.
So the red numbers give clues to the monsters location.
The monsters position is random each game and never touching a blue square.

3 Likes

Cool! :+1: I managed to find it once) :slightly_smiling_face: It’s pretty hard, but very interesting! Really good game!

4 Likes

Thanks.
The more you play, you’ll start to develop strategies about the best places to place a number.
A number is like a guard on duty.
So a red number is like a guard saying "there’s a line of sight from me to the monster."

4 Likes

I’ve started using Buildbox 3 for making games.
It’s easier to use than Unity and doesn’t require knowledge of a coding language.
You can edit the code for the nodes using Javascript and make your own nodes.
The free version allows a game made to be published to the Playstore and you can add banner ads and video reward ads.

1 Like

I’ve been following buildbox for a while, I love their work! It’s a really great platform.

2 Likes

It’s an awesome game. Truly brilliant idea and quite addictive but it’s still pretty hard and I think it’s a good idea to prolonge speed acceleration of balls over time or spawn lesser at first and increase the spawning rate as the game progresses.

2 Likes

Thanks for playing.
I’ve been spending time lately using Buildbox.
FBX models and animations can be used now.
Not all FBX models upload and there’s sometimes problems with animation files.
Looks like i’ll have to wait a few more months until an update fixes the glitches currently in Buildbox.

1 Like

With regards to buildbox I downloaded in the past a previous version 2.x and I have to say it’s a powerful engine but does have a steep learning curve and does require some coding to expand on your games mechanics and logics. With the new 3d Engine it’s getting better but still hearing from the community that it’s quite buggy? Honestly I tried so many games engines before but nothing is as easy and as fluid, seamless and flexible as ready! Loving it to bits and pieces and have chosen it as my engine of choice for creating cool 2d hyper casual games!

2 Likes