Suggestions and Wish List

Thanks @Potatobob666! I was sort of waiting for dedicated section as @Ready mentioned they were considering, but I suppose they can move the thread later.

Your items 5 and 6 are at the very top of my own wish list, as well as the general wish for the ability to organize and manage lists - variables, behaviours etc. I’d love to be able to keep things organized for readability, and I’d love to be able to insert conditions and actions into events without having to redo previous lines (more important for actions, but I’d love to be able to keep conditions in order of best readability).

My second top priority is possibly personal preference only, but using the editor’s text boxes drives me nuts. I can get used to most of the quirkiness, but entering negative numbers is a hair-ripping time-consuming ordeal, especially when you’re trial-and-erroring your way through to find coordinate values you like. An empty text box won’t take a minus sign. You have to first enter a positive number then backtrack and enter the minus. That would be annoying but acceptable unless you need to edit the number. Say you have -0.52 and you want to change it to -0.49. If you delete the 5 then the 2, it deletes both the period and the minus, and you basically have to start over with entering zero-dot-four-nine-back-back-back-back-minus. Also, for some reason half the time it doesn’t register the period so you end up with 49 instead of 0.49. It gets old very quickly.

Other wish list items:

• ability to choose colours by rgba values (I already posted this a while back, also I realized that we already have opacity so simply rgb would be sufficient)

• precision of input sliders and dials. Most are difficult to slide to precise desired value, some are impossible (example: Physics > Mass goes from 1kg to 4kg). Increase input precision or offer text fields as backup.

• ability to select stage assets from a list (like Unity’s Hierarchy panel). Sometimes they are too small to select by clicking, or they’re behind something else or they don’t contrast with the background etcetc.

• ability to see all members of a class (for example, click the class name and all class members are selected or highlighted, or their names are listed)

1 Like