Recreate Project

now today i have updated unity to 2018.1.1f1 and i looked at the video Extra Credit: Exporting the Game to Desktop and i got this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KSavedStateManager.DeserializeKandu (System.String jsonStr, Boolean createSpriteAtlas, System.Action`1 deserialized_callback)
Exporter.Deserialize ()

can someone HELP PLEASE

4 Likes

Hello! Try using Unity version: Unity 2017.3.1p4

2 Likes

ok cheers i do that today and ill get back you

3 Likes

…ok!

2 Likes

ok so i put on Unity 2017.3.1p4 and i went to Recreate Project and i got this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KSavedStateManager.DeserializeKandu (System.String jsonStr, Boolean createSpriteAtlas, System.Action`1 deserialized_callback)
Exporter.Deserialize ()

3 Likes

What problems do you have with your project (What does not work in it after export?) Can you send a link to your project, I’ll try to figure it out!

2 Likes

i just made the Space Chicken Tutorial which works great and i was doing the step by step just to see how it works out.

i am only using Ready so i can make mobile game because i am not good at coding.

hope this help’s

2 Likes

Yes … I understand … but other than this message in Unity 3D you are experiencing still some problems with the project, does it work correctly?

1 Like

In Unity or Ready Maker because if you are taking about unity i am lost.
when you export the project from ReadyMaker into unity you get a new menu READY at the top of unity then you click on it to get the project Scene to open up but for some reason i get an error

1 Like

Please share your project (Start project/Tap the “Share” button/send the link in this chat)

1 Like

is this what you are looking for

https://ready.app.link/GwExSZmWJN

2 Likes

…Yes! Thanks!:+1:

1 Like

cool :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @anto2018, i edited the your game and export her to the Unity 3D and not have problem with him.
Try use this instructions:

Edit Game(I made small changes in the game):

• For the phone you can use Portrait/Phone mode
  • You need add the Card objects to the “User Interface” layer
  • And adjust the size for the objects.

Edit%20Game

Export to Unity 3d(You need to perform exactly all the instructions that are shown in the video):

Export%20to%20Unity

Also, if you want, you can continue working on your project (which I edited). In order to use it, you need to open this link on your phone with the help of “Ready Maker” (Run the project on your phone, click the “Remix” button and save it in your account)
https://ready.app.link/iCquA9LoLN

2 Likes

Thank you so much Works great :grin: :ok_hand: :+1:

2 Likes

…No Problem!:wink:

1 Like

But what was the problem leading to the NullReference Exception in Unity?

I ask, because I have the same problem today with different ready projects after importing to Unity - but it worked yesterday - I pledge :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe the problem was just, that you forgot to switch to the PlayerScene as shown here https://www.getready.io/unity as step 5.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying back to me i don’t us Ready any more i us GDevelop5.

5 Likes

I think you’ll find Construct.net easy to use since your are using Gdevelop 5.
Just about every game made by the Ready team can be made with the free version of Construct.net.

2 Likes