Ready needs support for heavier games

Hi!

We are trying to create a battle Royale game (something like surviv.io or Battlelands Royale).

Our game has crashed twice and we’ve had to restart twice.

We will add a certain amount of sprites and bam, the app crashes and we cannot keep developing.

This is very scary as this has never happened before til the new update and we have a very huge game coming, and we’ve worked on it since June… We do not want to open it til ready can support heavier games.

I understand Ready is for smaller projects, but if users want to expand their creativity, they shouldn’t be subjected to tiny projects. Please fix this soon!!

2 Likes

Hi @Network5! Please give a link to your project, I want to look at it. Maybe we can come up with something.

2 Likes

You can reuse a sprite a few times to simulate a lot of sprites over an area.

Like when a tree sprite scrolls to the screens right and collides with an invisible wall set to INTERFACE, you can have that tree instantly change x enough to send it off screen to the left and have it scroll right again.
You can make a gif with 5 frames and use a counter to decide the frame.
When a gif that’s a tree collides with a wall, increase the counter by 1,
When the counters 2, that gif frame can be a rock for example.

Or another idea is to reduce the sprites size by 50% before uploading and zoom the camera closer so the sprites appear larger.
This might use up less RAM and improve performance.

2 Likes

I like the solution I suggested @Suzzy-Grey, it should help.

2 Likes

I cannot even open the project.

It crashes while loading, and crashes while editing.

@Network5 - You can send the link for him?

1 Like

https://ready.app.link/MkpSZVrzQQ

1 Like

Thanks, i need check him

1 Like

@Network5 - After I remixed your project. It opens for me, but after a while Ready completely stops working (Reboot required). As far as I can see, he cannot load about three assets.
As an solution, I suggest trying to upgrade the assets for your game.
Perhaps some of them are too large or there was a failure with the Internet and they downloaded incorrectly. Try to update them again. I saw that the project itself is not very big. I have only 9 events in my manager (Or were there more of them?).
I can assume that your project could be broken as a result of a poor internet connection (at the time when you saved it). Unfortunately, this sometimes happens. To secure projects you are working on for a long time, always use remixes. This will allow you to always have a previously saved version and in the case when something happened to the project, you can always start from the last save location!

1 Like

I cannot open it and I have very swell internet.

I have restarted multiple times and I’ve had the same result…

1 Like

@Network5 - I mean. Try to create a new project and update all the assets that you used for the old project. Maybe this will help, maybe not.

1 Like

This is very strange…

Will try this again sometime later.

We have another project coming out!

Here’s a little hint: XXXX X XXXX X - XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Our longest title :joy:

1 Like