Update: We are now LIVE on Android as well! So Android users visit our website and download the update from there! www.thereadygames.com
We are so excited to show you the next major update to Ready Games! Ready 2.0!
Ready 2.0 is a fundamental redesign of the Ready experience: it offers you a “lobby” with a scrollable feed of games to play. We are no longer limited to one game at a time on the home screen! The possibilities…. Are endless….
Now when you log into Ready Games you will be able to see all the games you are eligible to play and their leaderboards in one feed. For subscribers this means your subscriber games will appear there now, and for everyone else any extra games we add on during the week like the Saturday game we have been doing will appear there.
The lobby supports multiple game formats at the same time:
- Main Game: What you’re used to.
- Subscriber Game: A game just for subscribers.
- Just 4fun: A game you can play, but without any competition. It’s … just for fun!
- Tournament Only: A game where you can practice as much as you want, but can’t submit your practice run score. You can only get on the leaderboard through a tournament run.
With the Tournament Only feature, we will be trying new games for this in the future. We won’t eliminate the ability to submit a practice score in all games, but to shake things up we’ll present some games with tournament runs only. You can still do another tournament run for an extra life, but submitting a practice score will not be available.
Now for some things that are going away:
- We are saying goodbye to is the Play Past Games tab. We did not see many people utilizing it so we have decided to remove it and bring in something new: We will be adding some games made in Ready Maker (What? You don’t know about Ready Maker?) that are not necessarily competitive, or some of our older games that we don’t plan on using in competition again. These games will have no prize but will be available in the lobby for anyone to play.
- This update ends our support for the Google Play store version of the app. For now Ready Games can still be found on the Play Store, but the new competitions will no longer display there, and android users will be directed to install our app directly from us. This is not a decision we took lightly, but Google no longer allowing us to update the app has left that particular version very far behind and missing many features that are key to the new update.
As always, we want to thank you all for sticking around through the awesomeness that has been Ready Games so far! We’d love to hear your feedback on the new updates, and answer any questions you may have. As always we hope you’ll be #ReadyAF for whatever comes next!
Much love, Team Ready