One thumb games

I’ve decided to make a bunch of mini games that only use one thumb to play. I’m calling it “One Thumb Games”. I’ll have a menu linked here and complete the links later as I develope more. The new games features will also be announced in this thread so I don’t end up making more that are unneeded. Hope y’all enjoy.

One Thumb Games

https://ready.app.link/qvhEVpXfN0

6 Likes

Sub Par Sub!

4 Likes

Great idea.
I can’t wait to see your sub game that uses “SONAR”

4 Likes

Yes thank you!! It’s based off your “detector” without all the counting haha. It just shows the location of mines for a second

3 Likes

New game!!! Ironically not a one thumb control. Ninja Kid!! Because i couldnt think of anything else… can be found in the first post link of one thumb games

3 Likes

All these games are made for phone or tablet. to play on pc or mac edit the game and make the camera closer.

3 Likes

They all look alright on my mac, but for the ninja game by the time I move the mouse to the stealth button I’m long since dead :rofl:

These are fun games, @kenobi, well done!

3 Likes

Sorry they’re made for mobile devices lol maybe an ‘or on click’ should be added to the stealth. Thank you for the kind words! Still getting frustrated at that AI conundrum. However I can get a square to travel along the land and isolate itself on the nearest peak haha

Also got bored and made an eye that looks at your finger on screen

Look at this awesome #ReadyMaker project made with @getreadyio!
https://ready.app.link/Et4WEhxzQ0

3 Likes

No worries, I was just sharing my observations and I don’t think you need to change anything.

For the AI challenge, I have an approach that I decided is about the best I can do with the current collision detection. I have some ideas to improve the precision, but I’d implement those in a different technology with higher precision and a “coded” environment with full arbitrary boolean expressions, index-referenceable lists and generally more control over algorithms. I love ready but simultaneously I get frustrated over its limitations :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I tried playing your game on my Samsung tablet.
I waited 5 minutes and the project was still loading.
Some other day i’ll see if your project will load.

3 Likes

Which project was it?

3 Likes

The start of your project with the title screen showing your 2 projects.
I hadn’t had a chance to click either of them as i was waiting for your project to load

3 Likes

Interesting, there’s only three events.

3 Likes

I sometimes have loading issues as well, not with @kenobi’s thumb games, but just in general. Sometimes I can trace it back to internet issues at my end and other times it remains a mystery and I chalk it up to general computer-system glitchiness.

2 Likes

Welp, so much for that game :pensive:

Nevermind, I got it back!!! I just exited without saving then reopened it

3 Likes

The same thing has happened to me many times in recent weeks. I make lots of remixes as backups, but the worst glitches of course always happen when I’ve forgotten to make a backup :crazy_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I tried closing the game and reopening it and that didn’t work. But when I exited through the menu without saving then back in to edit it all of it came back… Then I saved it again :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve been able to do that once or twice, but for me saving frequently is a reflex and for most breakages, I notice only after I’ve saved. Then it’s either start over or abandon the project :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

https://ready.app.link/o0pYya5Hf1

Fun little game

4 Likes

Love it! @kenobi

Very smooth gameplay. Love the simplicity of the design.

3 Likes