Keep bullets full firing

O.K so in the video I provide, my objective is to be firing an upward single bullet.

But after I hit an enemy the following bullet only shoots Half Screen.
If no enemy is hit, the bullets fire how I want them to.
How do I stop the half screen effect?
2 Likes

I can make a small demo for you.
Check back in 30 mins.

2 Likes

Thank you., I truly appreciate that.

2 Likes

Look at this awesome #ReadyMaker project made with @getreadyio!
https://ready.app.link/BJbGZ4qSFR

Move the mouse left,right with joystick.
Tap FIRE to shoot a rocket at the brains

2 Likes

Its not really the direction I’m going with my game and without seeing the events, I’m basically just playing a game.
I appreciate the response and time you’ve taken, its just not really helpful to me.

1 Like

Fine.
The code was to show a bullet that won’t stuck half way up the screen, as that was the problem you stated you had.
Good luck.

1 Like

No, the problem I stated is that only after enemy is hit. It only continues half way up the screen, but will fire all the way up the screen if no enemy is hit.
If you watched the video, its a continous shooter, that you thumb drag and youd see the bullet problem that effects me.
Im sorry but you provided NO code. Just a link to play a demo. Which without events, isnt helpful as I’m just playing a game, which is why I showed events in my video.

I am appreciative of the time youve taken, but I need more then playing a demo.

1 Like

If you click the link with an Ipad/Android devices browser and have Ready installed on the device, then the project will open with Ready.
Then you can see the code and edit/remix.
You might not be aware of that if you are only using a PC/MAC version of Ready.

As far as a shot firing auto one at a time, you can have a cloned bullet ( class member) created by a ship every second.
When class bullet members visible, move up ???
When class bullet member collides with an enemy class member or wall class member, destroy bullet clone, destroy affected enemy class member clone.
The wall class will be a border created around the screen, away enough not to be seen by the player.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Ok wow, thank you. Im very new to ready and creating games, so I disnt know that all. I see whats going on in remix now, thanks heaps. I should be able to free fire from this point.
Knowing th events now has helped heaps, thank you… Ive basically have watched 4 tutorials which had minimalist help on the direction I was going.
And from an Autism Spectrum 5 Disorder point of view, the ready behaviour tutorial was next to no help.
But reading through events with different bullet behaviors have helped tremendously. And so now has the events(now I know how to access them) from your demo.
So once again thank you.

2 Likes