Is there a way to have a high score counter?

Hi guys!
Just wondering if there was a way to have a high score counter that shows up on the end game screen and the welcome screen. It would have to take the number from the score counter and display it. It would also have to remember the number as the user plays a new game and possible update itself if the new score is higher. I would also want it to keep the high score if the user were to exit out of and re-enter the game on a Mobil device (If I had the game uploaded to the app store). I could add this at the READY level or at the UNITY level if I could get some tips.
If you can think of ANYTHING that could possible help, Please let me know!
Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9! Inside the “Ready Maker” we have no way to save the project. I think the only way to make it work in Unity is to write the score of the game into a global variable, and from there take the values and work with it further in Unity.

2 Likes

For saving high scores in unity, I recommend using PlayerPrefs. They are super easy to use and they are perfect for simple tasks such as these!

Here’s a short 5-6 minute tutorial on it: https://youtu.be/OABEsy_WOl0

3 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9, you’re almost guaranteed that if there were some kind of built-in data binding between local storage and Unity controls, it would be super finicky and wouldn’t cover many of your use cases. Don’t be afraid of coding! :slight_smile: As @Dravin says, using PlayerPrefs is an easy coding task and a good opportunity to learn something new.

3 Likes