Is it there a way to save Ready Maker files to hard disk?

G’day from Australia.

I am thoroughly enjoying learning to use Ready Maker on my IPad and PC.

Is there any way to save a file to the hard disk from the PC, so that it doesn’t have to be downloaded from the Internet each time the file is loaded? The reason I ask this is because I can see my file becoming quite large possibly 20 or 30 Mbs in size. I assume that Ready Maker can handle a file that large.

Perhaps it is possible to Export to Unity3D and keep the files on the computer.

As I am a Newbie, I might have lost the plot.

Please let me know if what I want to do can be done and if so how?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Paul.

3 Likes

Yes! This is what Ready is made for!

Ready has a feature exactly for exporting to unity. If you’re on PC, go to the settings of your game and press “export to unity3d.”

Of course, this cannot be done on mobile as unity isn’t on mobile.

For more information, Ready has a whole playlist on exporting to unity and making it a standalone app on PC or mobile. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8G1TgtJcGQzCn-Hg6R8vofMdN3BsrQtz

2 Likes

Hey there you go. Thank you for your quick response.

I feel that Ready Maker will do everything that I want it to do. Sooooo, if I download Unity3d, and send my game to Unity3d, is it reasonably easy to compile the game so that I can pass it onto a few folk on PCs and Mac’s to play and give feedback? I am very much a newbie as you know :wink:, and I wouldn’t want it to be rocket science for me to compile.

Is that easy to do?

Thank you for the link to the video. I will look at the videos when I can, but it won’t be tonight.

My computer is quite a powerful one =
Intel i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHZ with 64Gb installed ram

The computer is about 3 years old now.

The C drive is the fast drive currently with 519 GB free

The video card was purchased specifically for graphics work using such programs as Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. At the time of purchasing the graphics card the salesman said that the card would not be that suitable for playing high end video games. The card is a Nvidia card. I am sorry I don’t know how to find the model.

My games will certainly not be action packed or anything like that, as I am interested in developing story book games for young children. No blood and guts and shoot outs or anything like that!

I don’t want to download Unity, and find out that it won’t run on my computer.

Is my computer powerful enough to run Unity?

Quick question please.

I went to the Unity site and cannot see Unity3D. Do I just download the Unity Personal free program.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Paul, your buddy from ‘Down Under’ :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, you should be able to download it.

It’s super easy to do! And yes, you can make it an app for pc players and Mac. Even mobile!

If you want the free version of unity, then yes- use Unity personal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @paulfromaus,

Another way to share your projects for people to play and review your game(s) is to give them the share link available for each project. This does mean they are playing your game in the browser, but my team has found that it works quite well even with marginal bandwidth and older, low-powered computers.

cheers,
auntiel

3 Likes

Wow, thank you.

I will have to give that a try.

Best wishes for your programming and games.

Seeya.

4 Likes