How do I save my game

I am new to Ready Maker and have gone through a tutorial to create a basic game and managed to export it to Unity however the game is not nearly finished. How do I save the game so I can work on it later?

I found the save button but when I reopened Ready Maker there was no option to open a previous project etc.

Adrian

Wait, I managed to find the project selection screen by exiting. When I save a project and then open it none of my assets appear, just various gray squares with large Rs in it them instead.

1 Like

Hello @Moar !
Make sure that you are always connected to the Internet.
Make sure you are using the latest version of “Ready Maker”
Always the latest version: Download — Ready

I can assume that while saving the project, there was a bad internet connection. Try to upload again the assets and and replace them in the project (Go to the Appearance Tab and change the image (“Swap Visual” button)).
This Example:

I have the latest version installed and my internet connection is good. I have tried Swap Visual but this could take a long time as there are a lot of objects to replace and when I try this it just stays as if trying to load but unsuccessfully. I have created a new project and will try to create it in one session, that way I will be able to import it into Unity at the end, but unfortunately I want be able to save it so if I later decide I want to change things I will have to go through the whole thing again.

2 Likes

It is very strange, if for the first time, perhaps your project was broken. With the new project such situations are unlikely.

1 Like