How do I prevent character from jumping more than once?

Hello, when I add a jump behaviour on my playable character when I press the chosen jump button couple of times the character keeps jumping up in the air. I only want the jump to function only once. How do I do that?

3 Likes

Hello, in next version “Ready” , you can use the “Start Jumped”, “Finished Jumped” “Touch ground” in events parameters. Now you can use this method:

5 Likes

thinrectangle3

@redpix
You can use this Gif
Half the Gif is invisible,
Place the Gif always behind your character, and vertical
Make the Gif invisible and the right size so it’s just poking out under your character,
Code when the Gif is touching the ground, as a condition to jump.
Because half the Gif is deleted, a polygon is only wrapped around the visible part.
This is a way code a character to only jump when touching the ground without using counters.

4 Likes

Thanks @Ready and @Suzzy-Grey for the answers!

4 Likes

How does the new version works with jump now? Is it easier? Tutorial please :grin:

2 Likes

Hi, but you already asked this question, here are the examples, follow exactly all the steps that are shown in these tutorials:

2 Likes

You need the turn off the active button, create new events (Look tutorial) and use the another button or another method (Example: System/ Listener / Touch Down) for the jumping.

3 Likes