Hi @James! When you publish a game in the Play Store, you indicate which version you are using (With or without advertising). Thus, you cannot offer two versions at once for users using the same link. You need to create two separate versions of the application. The only way out is to publish applications using ads, but create a separate script displaying in the game menu, in which the user can disable ads on their own. All technical questions about which script you need to use for the implementation of advertising can be found on the service provider. (For example, if you plan to use “Admob” you are looking for information on the resource site, you can also download additional libraries there). We are not engaged of the development of such software, so you should clarify questions on the introduction of advertising in the thematic forums. From my own experience I will tell:
- You need to install a plugin (for example Admob or some other) in Unity editor.
- It is also possible that you will need some libraries (Read about it on the website of the service provider)
- You must register a new account on the website of the service provider.
- Add a withdrawal method (PayPal Account, Bank Card, etc.)
- Create types of ads within the account (Banner, size, position, display time, etc.)
- Add the necessary scripts to the applications (Create a script to display advertising, it can be a small banner in any part of the screen or a large banner on the whole screen, it can appear at the beginning or when you need it)
There used to be ready-made solutions that you could directly add to the scene in the Unity editor, they were already set up and did not require special programming skills. You can learn more about this in more detail on the thematic forums.