Games suddenly have their events and assets deleted

Hi there! I have had several of my students share one account to create their games. Two of them, after having created very sophisticated games, suddenly found that upon opening their game that their assets and events were missing. Is there an asset size or event limits that would have caused this? Or limits to the amount of games created in one account? Is there anyway we can retrieve previous versions?

Here are links to what is left of one of their games:

https://ready.app.link/N13vavhZwZ

1 Like

Welcome @lvargas!

This seems to be a glitch.

There is no limit to how many games someone can make, but if games get too big on Ready, the software will have trouble running it and will cause many issues. I’ve had that happen to me many times.

1 Like

Welcome @lvargas!:slightly_smiling_face:

We recommend that you always back up and check the event manager before saving. Sometimes it happens. Most often this comes from the disappearance of the Internet connection for a short time. In this case, the events may not be loaded from the server. And when saving, most likely you saved the version without them.

2 Likes

How does one back up, if everything is saved when pressing the save button?

2 Likes

You just need to save the project before continuing, and then remix the new project, if it fails, then you can always go back to first project. Thus, you will always have several this same projects that you can return to in the event of a failure.

1 Like

Is there a certain point they should be doing this?

We also had instances, where events were created, then tested, and then the events disappeared from the event manager. For example in this game events created and saved disappear: https://ready.app.link/XSvK0eVeyZ

Also one of the games completely disappeared after several days of it being worked on. How could that have happened?

2 Likes

This is very strange :roll_eyes:, this should not happen often. (Maybe 1 time for 50-100 projects)

• What country are you in? (I think there is a problem with connecting to a remote server, they are located in North America, as a rule this problem is more related to the Internet provider)
  • Do you use the latest version of “Reader Maker”?

My recommendation is to save the project before closing several times (Before saving, be sure to check the event manager). After that, close project and completely close the application. Reopen it and continue working on the created project or create a new one.

1 Like

1 in 50-100??? That’s insane

We are in NYC, and we have been using the latest version.

It does not matter how many times it is saved, the events still disappear.

2 Likes

@lvargas - We will study your question, I looked at your account on the server, at the moment you have 20 projects together with remixes, basically they are all done on the MAC build, I will ask our development team to study it, maybe they can give an answer why it is going on for you. I will write to you when I have some information.

1 Like

Great, thank you. Unfortunately, because of this likelihood of instability we will refrain from using it as a teaching tool until further updates.

2 Likes

@lvargas - Please send the information about version you use:

1 Like

2 Likes