Export Game to App Store and Play Store

Can I export my game to Google Play Store and App Store?

4 Likes

@Ready can help more with this.
You can export your Ready project to Unity3D
Then publish as a pc game.
You might be able to publish your game as an app using Unity3D.
@Ready would know.

4 Likes

Yes, you can use the this tutorial:

For the App Store, now we not have tutorial

4 Likes

But is it possible to export the game made with Ready to the App Store?

2 Likes

Theoretically it is possible, it can be done only with the help of the MAC OS, you need to create a “XCode” project in the Unity, transfer it to the “XCode” editor (Use the latest version), activate and add certificates for Production and Development versions, add additional settings, create a new project in “ITunes” and send the your “MyProject.ipa” file to check in “ITunes”, after successful verification, you can publish your application in App Store.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you export as an iOS app on Windows as well? Just download the iOS tools onto Unity?

2 Likes

No, you can create only the “XCode” project in the Unity (For Windows). For the end export you need use the MAC OS. You can also use the emulator for MAC OS (Virtual machine) on Windows.

1 Like

Can the emulator create the rest besides the Xcode?

1 Like

Yes, I had the experience of publishing a project on App Store and I managed to do all this with the help of an emulator. I used the “VMware Workstation 12 Player” for this.

1 Like

I must say that the emulator works very slowly, in fact, you run a working system inside another system, it requires a lot of resources to work.

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s crazy.

($99 a year is insane for publishing :joy:)

1 Like

Yes, developer account is paid :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I honestly find PC publishing so much easier. GameJolt and itchio don’t review your stuff whatsoever (unless you’re reported or something). ITCHIO is definitely easier to use and is easier to get paid with.

3 Likes

How does itch.io work btw? Thinking about that but I think itch.io are for desktop only(?)

1 Like

Itch.io can also be on Mac & Linux. Maybe android, I’ll have to check again when we publish again.

It’s basically the same as GameJolt, but has a much more simple interface

1 Like

Do you make games? I want to check it out!

1 Like

Yes! Network5 is actually a group of members! I’m just the one who controls the Network5 Ready & forum account :slight_smile:

1 Like

@franzsian I just checked- yes, you can also publish to android on itch.io

1 Like