Also, another Youtuber played Not Our Home!
Your game looks great.
The quick shaking up and down when walking probably needs tweaking as it looks a bit fast
Yeah Ik. He was on a different quality setting that caused that. There are many glitches I noticed in his video.
However I’m really glad he enjoyed the game! He was really positive throughout
Chromaray made a part 2 video!
Sweeeet! I’ll look into this! Sorry, I’ve been really busy lately and haven’t had time to check any of this stuff out yet
That is simultaneously super-neato and super-creepy!
So YouTube has an issue with the FTC when it comes to advertising and collecting data from younger audiences, which isn’t allowed.
By January 1st, 2020- supposedly many channels may be taken down by not adhering to the FTC by marking their videos as safe for kids or not.
To prevent Network5 from being affected, each video besides videos Not Our Home related, are marked safe for kids
Some new progress pictures!
I’ve recently been working on a household that Jacob and his whole family live in (from this time period).
I have thought about a lot of new ideas and I’m now working on Rodgers nightmare, which will be the second hardest challenge in the game (Emily’s nightmare being the hardest).
You may have noticed the apprehension level at the bottom right of some of the images. That will the scale on how awake Rodger will become after enough aspects scare him.
In the near future I’ll make it to where if you have your flashlight on around the skeleton, he will notice and come towards you (also the house is small so this will be very hard to accomplish for players who are brand new).
I will also have the apprehension levels go up if you are very near the skeleton.
The lights in the skeletons eyes will help the skeleton see and he also projects lights onto the walls in front of him to see if he can spot you.
Cool idea with the glowing eyes.
You could add a wind up doll the player can use that can speak and cause a distraction for the skeleton.
I have thought about something like that where the player uses sounds to take advantage of the skeletons pathfinding!
After reading @Suzzy-Grey’s idea about the doll, my first thought was some variety of creepy zombie doll, but then it occurred to me that a nice doll might be even creepier because it’s unexpected and makes no sense. What do you all think?
A real doll would be much better to have. Reminds me of the conjuring for some reason.
I have an idea to have a doll in the game but in the first game, the doll that is in there is named Amanda. However she was just an Easter egg and doesn’t matter to the plot at all
- Most requested feature: Sensitivity settings! You can now control how sensitive your mouse is when controlling the players camera.
- You can now toggle the headbobbing of the camera on and off on the start menu.
- Reanimated the forgotten ending
- Reanimated the bad ending
- The difficulty settings info button is now in red to pop up more, and is repositioned
- Adjusted the size for certain dialogue for larger screens
- The “how to play” screen now mentions that the axe purposefully has a delay to prevent exploits
Happy new year everyone!! I hope you guys had a great 2019 and I hope this upcoming decade treats you even better
For this past month I have been watching the top countries on where most Network5 Games players come from, and here they are:
Sadly this may have to be the last final major update for Not Our Home, however I have a new project that has been planned for a very long time now (that may release in a few months, and it’s not the prequel game).
- New icon!
- New main menu!
- Improved path finding: Enemies are now able to reach new places and detect the player on surfaces much easier, quicker, and more efficiently now.
- New low quality setting: Distress. This quality setting is now the lowest in the game, and is mainly recommended for devices that are older and much slower than other devices.
- When you attack an enemy from now on, depending on the difficulty you’re on, will determine how long your enemy will be gone now (the default is no longer 15 seconds and is now 30 seconds).
- When the players flashlight dies, they will now emit a very small light to help guide their way around.
- There is now a new transition when attacking enemies
- You can now destroy the Mask That Stops Time (to do so, have the axe in hand and go behind the mask).
- The introduction camera now has a larger spotlight angle
- If you hit an invisible border outside of Jacobs house, a transition will appear and will block the players view. This is to signify that Jacob will not leave on foot. The transition will go away once you step away from the invisible border(s).
- New spider death animation
- Drastically increased the grass texture on the ground.
- Lengthened the wait time on the phone in the skeletons house to ring.
- The players car now has a new color
- Time goes up by an hour a bit slower now
- Improved call conversation with Emily
- Pausing the game is now mentioned
- Changed & Improved some controls
- Miscellaneous improvements
- Updated copyright
- Many bug fixes