Dravin’s Unity Projects

1.3 IS NOW OUT!! :tada::tada::tada:

To learn more about the update, read below! :grin:

v1.3

• Over 5+ new items to interact with!
  • 2 new places in the map
  • Special items: Amanda & The Mask That Stops Time
  • Amanda only has a 2% chance of spawning (1 in 50!). She unlocks something very special…
  • New saving feature: The main menu now displays which endings you have unlocked! They will turn white. (Note: players- resetting the game WILL LOSE this progress!)
  • If you find all endings you will earn a special something on the main menu!
  • The potion is now harder to obtain (except easy mode, same as 1.2)
  • Some new items now give players benefits, but do have minor consequences.
  • Added a new bug reporter menu to the main menu
  • Removed an exploit that allowed the player to enter the locker when enemies could see them go in, but never attacked.
  • You can now turn off/on the flashlight in the main intro cutscene
  • The difficulty settings will now let you know which difficulty you are on.
  • As the map is getting much bigger, there’s now a new round of random generation for items!
  • Increased the speed of the skeleton in insane mode
  • Changed the default difficulty to invisible.
  • Map is slightly bigger
  • The players bedroom has a new expansion
  • New dsdev and Network5 Easter eggs!
  • Changed the floors of the players bedroom. Old one was outdated.
  • “Key Count” has been changed to “Keys Collected”
  • New special jumpscare
  • New dialogues from Jacob
  • Camera rendering improvements
  • Improved support for larger resolutions
  • New sound effects
  • Many bug fixes
  • Minor design fix

*To players who may see the sky as orange at the horizon, this should be fixed. Only a small percentage of players had this issue- so this should be resolved for this update!

Download:

Itch.io:
https://network5.itch.io/not-our-home

GameJolt:
https://gamejolt.com/games/notourhome/424444

2 Likes

Currently 1.3.1 is in development. This will be a Halloween update!

I have some news though. I have a project that I have been planning for months now, and I feel comfortable enough to work on it soon as I’ve learned quite a lot with programming in such a short amount of time (of course though, there is also many other things to learn :wink:).

However, this is a project that will be sooooo difficult for me to manage alone. (Not Our Home can be difficult enough sometimes on its own :joy:). Im currently looking for a second programmer that can assist from time to time, along with a 3D modeler who can also animate (not my biggest priority, but the extra help would be great). I also need a musician who is good as sad and suspenseful music, but I know a few musicians that may be interested in assisting.

It’ll be a biggggg project. I promise! :laughing:

Btw- this doesn’t mean Not Our Home is gonna be abandoned at all. It’ll still have normal and consistent updates as usual.

3 Likes

A little update so far. Good & Bad news

First, the bad news -

• I’ve been very busy with life stuff (nothing bad, just school and stuff) and I finally got my first job, and that’s also been in the way
  • 1.3.1 seems to have taken a month, but in reality- I’ve only had time to work 2 days on it the past month since I’ve been so busy

Next, the good news -

• This next project I have planned in the future, that really won’t take off in production will be in 2020, has had some people willing to join the development of the game.
  • I was able to find a concept artist, voice actors, a writer, and even a musician fairly quickly actually!

So that’s that. I’m quite excited for this next game actually

2 Likes

1.3.1 is now being exported to my device for testing!

This update will come out sometime next week. Maybe Wednesday? :eyes: (no promises but I’ll try)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Having a delay, trying again tomorrow.

4 Likes

v1.3.1

• New Halloween decorations placed around the gameplay map!
  • You can now skip the driving scene and the wake animation
  • You can now pause the game my pressing P (this also can toggle off the pause)
  • Reanimated the bedroom wake animation
  • The flashlight can now be found in the players car
  • The skeletons home now contains a broken clock
  • Fixed a minor dialogue issue
  • Bug fixes

(After this update, all Halloween decorations will be removed)

Download:

Itch.io:
https://network5.itch.io/not-our-home

GameJolt:
https://gamejolt.com/games/notourhome/424444

3 Likes

Remember that project I mentioned earlier that would require quite some assistance? Well there’s a new announcement I have made!

Along with the following statements:

Some things we are going to try to achieve in this project:

• Unique assets
  • Unique music
  • Voice acting
  • Longer gameplay
  • Much more improved assets
  • Publish to Steam
4 Likes

No context but prototypes :slight_smile:

It’s been a week since I made a post about it, so here you go!

4 Likes

Looks excellent.
I like the better viewing distance in these shots.
I’d like to get involved with playtesting this game.
So please send me a link when you have something i can play/test.

3 Likes

Sounds good! I’m looking for as much help as possible.

I won’t have beta for several more months but I will certainly let you know and post updates as frequently as possible on here as well.

Thank you for the kind words too!

3 Likes

You could have some puzzles in this game.
Like a manhole cover on the road that can slide open/shut.
The skeleton can chase the player and fall in the manhole as a temporary way to delay the skeleton.

3 Likes

I could try something like that! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do you code the skeleton to “see” the player usually?
Do you have premade paths for the skeleton to follow and the skeleton moves off the path toward the player when a larger sensor sprite around the skeleton touches the player?

Can your current code allow the skeleton to see the player if they are 100 meters away?
I don’t mean if the player touches a sensor on the ground and that triggers the skeleton to move along a path.

An idea i have for you is to have a Raycast from the player to the skeleton on all the time.
When the Raycast isn’t touching anything but the skeleton and the player, and the skeletons facing direction is close to the Raycast angle and less than a certain distance, this can be the trigger that the skeleton sees the players character.

3 Likes

In Not Our Home, the skeleton and spider share the same code when it comes to their AI. There are no objects that determine what they see.

I use multiple raycasts in different angles that are “lines of sight.” This also prevents them to see through walls.

You have to be at a 180 degree angle and be at least 8 meters away from the enemies to be able to be seen through the thick dark black fog (that is why their vision isn’t super far)

Both the spider and the skeleton contain “states” in their code. The states are “pursuing” and “patrol.”

Both of them also walk on a “NavMesh.” This allows them to walk to areas without walking through walls and it allows them to immediately know where they are going

2 Likes

:bangbang::bangbang: BIG NEWS FOR NETWORK5 GAMES!! :bangbang::bangbang:

Network5 Games now has its own domain for our website!! You can now access it at:

We also have a new contact email!

contact@network5games.com

3 Likes

I can make non animated 3d models for your next game.
So tag me if there’s something you’d like me to make.

3 Likes

Cool! How well are you at realistic designs? @Suzzy-Grey

3 Likes

I’m not so good at making models of animals/living things.
I’m ok making buildings/furniture, that type of thing.
Sketchup models can be used in Unity.

3 Likes

Perfect! That’s EXACTLY what I need!

I’ll DM you very shortly (maybe in a few days if that’s fine?) with what I need

I’ve been looking for individuals who can help with that :slight_smile:

3 Likes