Dravin’s Unity Projects

Great progress! We are glad that everything works out for you! :muscle: :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @Ready!

To celebrate this milestone, I have some sales happening!

The game is now free for a limited time! It will end Aug. 2nd!

After that, the game will be $0.99USD til Aug. 5th, then $1.99USD til the 7th. Then it will return to its original price!

Get it while you can if you wish to play!

4 Likes

In a previous post, I mentioned how I am teaming up with a friend of mine for v1.1.1! This is still going on. They are almost finished with everything that I have asked them to do- for me to implement and code.

However, I have a sneak peek of what to expect for 1.1.1! I wonder why you would need to access the roof?

4 Likes

The skeleton and spider animations. Did you use premade animations only or have you made some of your own animations?
I watched a tutorial on making your own custom animations using Unity.
The videos so complicated.

4 Likes

The animations were premade. The spider and skeleton are the only assets in the game that weren’t animated by me

4 Likes

Uploading 1.1.1 now!

Will release the update hopefully within the next 12-15 hours.

4 Likes

v1.1.1

• Difficulty Mode: There are 4 new modes in the game. Invisible, Easy, Normal, and Hard
  • New way to hide from enemies: climb onto the roof with the ladder! If it turns 4am, you will not be able to climb back onto the roof.
  • The window man came by! The main home has fresh new windows! The old, broken down house has broken windows.
  • New trap
  • New death cinematic. To access it, you must be on the roof at 4am!
  • Performance improvements
  • Removed an exploit that allowed players to use the axe infinitely
  • New sound effects
  • Many minor and major bug fixes

Invisible Mode:

• Enemies cannot see you
  • Enemies have normal speed
  • No traps
  • You can only die when it turns 4am

Easy mode:

• Enemies are much slower

Normal mode:

• Same stats ever since 1.1

Hard mode:

• You cannot hide
  • You cannot defend yourself
  • Enemies are slightly faster than the player
4 Likes

Here’s a sneak peek of 1.2! :wink:

Coming sometime next week hopefully!

4 Likes

Not Our Home is now free! No need for any sort of purchase now. However, all donations are greatly appreciated!

The 1.2 update is also in beta and should be releasing this week, so look forward to that! We have some great things coming!

Download:

Itch.io:
https://network5.itch.io/not-our-home

GameJolt:
https://gamejolt.com/games/notourhome/424444

4 Likes

Do you know how to have adverts play in a unity made game?
If not, you could ask someone you know that has done this to find out how.

3 Likes

I’ve seen tutorials, but it would be useless for my game right now as it’s only on GameJolt and itch.io

My games excel on GameJolt, and based on the age rating for my horror game (Rated for Teens), I’m not allowed to put ads as GameJolt thinks it’s too “mature.”

3 Likes

v1.2

• New Scene: You can now explore outside the players home! In order to access the driving scene, walk up to the car door!
  • New difficulty: Insane Mode. The hardest difficulty to-date! Can you beat it?
  • New ending: Insanity Ending! You can only access this ending via the Insane difficulty!
  • AXE 2.0: The axe has been heavily flawed the past few updates, but it is now safe to say that the axe is much more stable now! There is now a delay when using the axe, many fixes for the axe, and is quite easier to use now!
  • I have heard the reviews! Several players were upset that you could not use the battery before the flashlight died, but today is different! You can now use the battery before the flashlight dies and it’ll never die in the game! If you do not retrieve the battery, you will be left in the dark.
  • The skeleton now has 4 different random spawn points
  • The skeleton has a new look when on insanity mode only.
  • There is now a difficulty menu that displays what makes each difficulty unique
  • Improved the design of the reset menu
  • Quality improvements to the players bedroom
  • Changed the controls for climbing the ladder and ringing the doorbell.
  • New sound effects + new soundtrack
  • Many bug fixes
4 Likes

School has definitely got in the way of my work for the game, which I am not surprised.

As I said, game development will be slowed down drastically. Of course, this isn’t my fault, but I will try to make time for working on the game whenever possible.

School comes first.

But I am working on 1.3! I’m making this special asset that’s in the works :eyes:

(Not the finished product)

4 Likes

First sneak peek of 1.3! :grinning:

4 Likes

Amanda - the 1.3 Update

September 10th!

Biggest update ever for Not Our Home!

4 Likes

1.3 is now in beta :+1:

So far everything is going good- but a few issues have been found, and will be fixed soon!

I’ll definitely have everything ready by the 10th :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As me and several others have tested 1.3, I was quite wrong by “ a few” issues. The first beta was definitely broken, but this is common for betas lol. Thankfully- this is no longer the case.

However, as my schedule is starting to get very tight, it is hard to keep up with all of the mechanics in my game now (especially with 1.3 coming out, you’ll see what I mean). Many things get forgotten so I decided to take initiative.

I have made a form for users to access to report bugs and issues with the game. You can access it here -

https://forms.gle/FAMZzbaQcUdJQYbDA

This will be added to the game as well as soon as 1.3 is out.

4 Likes

1.3 is releasing in one week! I have provided a new sneak peek.

This is probably my FAVORITE part of 1.3!

Also: the bug reporting menu option is now implemented, and will appear as soon as 1.3 is out! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

It’s the start of the week, but this is the week 1.3 releases! I have made one final sneak peek of this huge update. I hope you like it!

Currently I’m testing the last several things, but from the looks of it 1.3 is becoming more and more stable each and everyday I work on it!

4 Likes

1.3 releases tomorrow!

This is an update I’m extremely proud of, and I cannot wait to release it! I’ll be uploading the 1.3 builds tonight, but won’t release til tomorrow morning (my time zone is CST/Central Time in the USA)

I’ve spent many hours on this update, had many discussions with testers and 1.3 seems to be very stable than how it first turned out!

Also I am aware that screens with very large screens (like reallyyy big screens) are not supported. This is fixed in 1.3 and Microsoft PCs with a 1920x1080 resolution will have the same experience as any other resolution.

4 Likes