Dravin’s Unity Projects

New Update!

Not many images need to be shown in this update as there’s not many design updates or anything.

• Sounds! There are now sounds in the game! There is a flashlight sound, a jumpscare sound for the skeleton and spider, a sound for driving and pulling over, a sound of the air conditioner in the bedroom, crickets playing when you’re actually playing the game, and an overall soundtrack that plays throughout the game! You can also hear a heartbeat when loading scenes.
  • Keys will now randomly generate to an area. Each key has three generated areas to spawn at! This makes the game a little bit harder as they’re not in the same place each game anymore.
  • Added The spider to the main menu
  • You can now toggle the flashlight again on and off. I think it’s fun to just turn it on and off honestly for no reason :joy:
  • Made a few adjustments to the main menu
  • Updated the loading screen after pressing ‘Begin’ on the main menu
  • Made a few other small adjustments
  • Fixed MANY bugs

To see the spider in the main menu, I recommend turning up your brightness if you’re on mobile.

Whats Next?

• I’m going to start working on the poisonous potion and how to obtain it. It will not let the player know that it is poisonous. I have many ideas for it!
  • Add sounds when you collect the keys
  • Maybe change a few assets
  • Work on a volume bar on the start menu
3 Likes

New Update!

• Added poison into the game! The poison is in the main house and says it’s a “potion.” This is a trap! If you pick this up, a sound will play and it’s quite loud and it alerts the skeleton of where you are. He will become just as fast as he is when it is 4am and will know exactly where you are.
  • Added sounds for the keys, picking up the axe, and attacking the skeleton.
  • The main house is a bit more furnished
  • Added a volume bar to the start menu
  • Adjusted the driving animation in the driving scene to become much more realistic
  • Fixed a major bug

Also- the official soundtrack is now on the @Network5 YouTube channel. Have a listen! https://youtu.be/eRqQmz7H2XE

2 Likes

I’m way to curious to ask will there be zombies in this game?

I look at this game and expect a monster to jump out at me and I jump off my chair while playing this game lol

2 Likes

There won’t be zombies

2 Likes

Desktop

Just a few zombies lol 70 zombies ok ok 170 zombies ok maybe 200 zombies? lol

Turns on console puts in Resident Evil 2 Remake ya zombies lol

2 Likes

I don’t like the zombie idea with my game. It won’t tie into the story line I have now and it’ll make the game confusing. You’ll see why when the game releases

3 Likes

That’s the answer I was hoping on.

Don’t take every user idea and make something unique that will stand out and leave people in awe :sunglasses:

I was playing as the user to test your response and you passed :100:

3 Likes

Hey guys! New update!

Now, this update is still in the works but most of the update is completed, and all the new code is implemented, so I thought I’d share what’s going on!

• New dialogue cutscene after pressing “Begin” on the start menu. This will only appear once for new users and will never appear again. This cutscene is where Jacob, the protagonist and player of the game, speaks to you, the person playing the game. I won’t show this as I want it to be a surprise if you get the game :wink:
  • I’m in production of creating the official title logo of the game. It will appear at the end of the dialogue cutscene.
  • New reset button! This will reset the players data. You can find this button on the main menu. You can also read the dialogue cutscene again if you reset your data!
  • A message will now appear letting the player know that Jacob believes his battery is about to die and he must soon find a battery.
  • Increased the time the battery dies
  • Made a few adjustments to some things to make the game more polished
  • Bug fix

The title logo that appears will be inspired from my favorite game, Yandere Simulator! The developer of this game just recently made a new intro cutscene over the weekend and I love it. This happens at the end:

Mine will be very similar to this if you want an idea of what’s coming!

2 Likes

@Dravin Honestly dude I respect the hell out of you. I can’t wait to see where this production goes and hopefully in the near future I’ll see you speaking on the E3 Stage :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Such kind words!! Thank you!!

3 Likes

New Update!

This is a minor update, nothing too too special.

• Buttons now play a clicking noise once they’re clicked.
  • There is now a reset screen asking if the player is sure about resetting their game, instead of it immediately doing it.
  • When you leave the bedroom, a closing door sound effect will play.
  • I created a mouse cursor specific for the game.
  • Added The spider to the driving scene. You only drive passed it, but it’s something that’ll surprise new players.
  • Finished the official splash screen.
  • Implemented the app icon.
  • Finished the Official title logo.
  • Adjusted a few things in the dialogue cutscene.
  • An eerie bell sound effect will play when the title logo appears, increasing in size just like the Yandere Simulator logo from the previous post.
  • Fixed several bugs.

I now have all I need to make the official 3 end cutscenes. I’m very close to finishing 1.0, leading it to the testing stages. The light at the end of the tunnel is extremely close by, and I hope you can see it too!

3 Likes

Awesome first thing my eye sees “Screenshot Saved” lol

3 Likes

New Update!

This is a pretty big update for the game, so buckle up!

• I have fully implemented the 3 end cutscenes. They are all completely cinematic and all animated by myself. Each ending tells its own story based off what had happened when playing the game.
  • When you cut to one of the end cutscenes, a fading transition will appear.
  • 2 new soundtracks! One is for the worst ending, and the other is for the good ending. The bad ending plays bells similar to the ones from the dialogue cutscene.
  • The battery now can randomly generate to 2 new spots.
  • MANY bug fixes.

After the cinematic events take place in the end cutscenes, they will switch to a new scene. Use this for an example - (from Five Nights at Freddy’s 3)

With that, the game is now out of the alpha stages and is now going to be put into beta! Testers will begin testing tomorrow.

I have implemented a message at the top left of the main menu telling testers they may experience crashes and/or major bugs in the beta.

3 Likes

BCE

Are you talking about this Freddy?

Also look at the color effects with the door closing in this scene for a possible future reference for your scary games.

3 Likes

I mean this Freddy -

3 Likes

He looks way more friendly then what I was thinking lol

3 Likes

Don’t let his looks deceive you. It’s one of the most popular horror indie game series of all time. It’s a very good game.

3 Likes

I do enjoy a scary game.

3 Likes

Wow! Testers have been very positive with the game so far! All of them were very kind and the game met to their expectations, or even went above what they thought the game would become.

I had a much different experience today with testers. I was in a call with a friend of mine who was playing the game at 11pm. He was very afraid and had to stop playing because it got late and it freaked him out. This is great news!

But something that was super fantastic is that my brother had came into my room asking if he could test the game. This was such an awesome experience as I got to watch someone play for the very first time! I refused to answer any questions about the game and see how he could play the game for himself! He almost won!!! Every time he got 6 keys he would lose :joy:

Each tester has told me this game is difficult when they first play. This game is not easy at all, and this is exactly what I wanted. My brother and other testers started making strategies, almost leading them to capture the correct potion.

One of my friends will be having a discussion with me later about the game with their opinions and experiences. Cannot wait to hear what they say.

Several glitches were found, and I will fix them soon. I will also add something big to the good ending (that I completely forgot to implement sadly lol).

3 Likes

giphy

3 Likes