#DestroyTheBoss

Hey guys! Another update! The player has 5 lives instead of 15, and as it shoots the enemy, its lives increase by 1. I also have added a loading simulation using score label and health bar. Here’s the link to the current updates:

https://ready.app.link/gs0FrEymg9

3 Likes

I would soon add player score, and add a limit that it would only be able to shoot lasers IF its score is greater than 0

3 Likes

I like new game update.

3 Likes

Thanks @FirstaAnta :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey! Due to heavy rainfall (internet issues), I won’t be able to update the game for about 4 or 5 days.

3 Likes

Hey guys! I assume that I would be able to complete the last step by today night or tomorrow afternoon as per the local time of my location.

2 Likes

New Update: The Boss Sends a Message when you reach one of the platform objects

2 Likes

I’ve set the interval to 1 s rather than 1.5s

1 Like

Hey guys! Please test this project and check whether it is working or not! I’ve also added some updates:
If you manage to escape any of the bombs shot by the boss, your score increases by 1. The game would also display a win/loose message depending on the situation.

https://ready.app.link/EOt6cQQPo9

3 Likes

If anyone feels that any update is necessary, they are most welcome to update and share it here

2 Likes

Hey guys, I want to create version 2.0 for this game, but just want a suggestion from you that whether I should make a single game that runs on both mobile and PC or different games for both?
The poll would close at 2020-09-14T09:05:00Z

• One game for both mediums
  • Separate games for both mediums

0 voters

3 Likes

Now (as per the results of poll) it is quite obvious that what plan should I go with. So rather than creating a new topic, I would share all the progress and issues faced in #DestroyTheBoss 2.0 on the same topic.

3 Likes

My Plans for #DestroyTheBoss 2.0
General Idea: You would be flying through space and rocketships would spawn at random positions trying to attack you. You would have to shoot lasers to destroy them and collect enough energy to fight with the boss (this time the boss would be some other character). The player would have a life bar and an energy bar. Once the energy bar is full, the player could launch a special attack that would drain half of the Boss’s Energy (only if the boss is hit by that special attack), and the player energy bar would become empty. It would increase very slowly. The boss would also have a health bar that would increase if it is greater than 0.
The player would lose health if it is hit by a rocketship, lasers, or the boss itself. At a certain time (very rarely), one of the two special powerups would spawn anywhere on the scene. Both powerups would have a different function. The first powerup would increase your health bar (and not the energy bar) full, and the second powerup would protect you with a shield for a limited time and circumstance.

Mobile controls: Drag or tilt (I am not sure about it) to move.
Tap to shoot.
A button would appear to use the special attack.

Computer controls: Left/Right to move.
A to Attack.
S for the special attack.

5 Likes

Hi, sounds like a great game.
Are you going to code the boss to avoid being hit?
Or is the boss going to roam randomly around the screen?

A way the boss can avoid being hit is to have an invisible circle around the boss.
When a shot colides with the circle, make the boss face the shot and move up or down relatively.

4 Likes

@Suzzy-Grey I would like the boss to move randomly.
I would add an object, for example, a square (Boss Move Controller), giving the boss Move Towards behavior (Active: off, Target: Boss Move Controller, Direction: Towards), controlling the “Boss Move Speed” and “Move Controller Position” through variable and coding the following events:

Boss Move Towards Active

Increase Difficulty Against Boss

4 Likes

Also, I am looking to add Menu to this game.

5 Likes

Hello! Sorry for keeping you waiting for the game! But now I’m working on it. This much work has been done on the game by far!

POINTS ALSO SPAWN AT RANDOM SPOTS

4 Likes