#DestroyTheBoss

Hey! I made this character simulation with Ready Maker. I am soon looking to develop it into a platformer game, I guess something similar to a treasure hunt.

https://ready.app.link/WSQpW4RfC8

6 Likes

This is a great start! You may want to experiment with replacing the 4-directional control pad with left-right control pad plus jump behaviour. This gives you control over the jump height in the events so you can increase/decrease the difficulty level.

5 Likes

Sounds interesting! I would try working on it :slight_smile::slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking good, but I can’t jump

3 Likes

Okay @FirstaAnta, I would check to see any issues

3 Likes

Hey @FirstaAnta. If you are using a PC, press spacebar on your keyboard. If you use a touch-screen mobile, tap the jump button I have recently added.
Click here to access it.

4 Likes

ThĐ°nk yĐľu, I am using mobile phone

4 Likes

Getting idea from this topic “Code challengers”, I think that we should try this with my game as well. I would share my plans about what kind of game I want on 2020-08-21T19:00:00Z, if I get positive responses from you. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:. Then we could work on the same project, once in a week.

3 Likes

I think a 2 week time limit for challenges would be best.
You should tag forum members so they get your messsage.

3 Likes

Currently, I have only referred to those who were involved in the post I’ve referred, but other users who want to participate could also let me know here before 2020-08-21T19:00:00Z on this topic
@Suzzy-Grey
@Dravin
@kenobi
@auntiel

I once again notify that anyone could join before the date mentioned.

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

A challenge i thought of was coding AI for a flappy bird to fly between the poles coming towards it.
This might be too much of a challenge for some users

4 Likes

Well, I want the simulation to be turned into a game by all of us, so that I would also be able to understand much of Ready Maker.

3 Likes

Hey guys, so it is finally the date I mentioned. So here’s my plan:

The game would be that the player would be running around the platform, with the camera following the player (Some part of platform is already added, we just need to expand it. The camera is already following the player). The mission would be to save a group of prisoners from a character (boss). The boss would appear at the end of the game. Before that, the player would have to fight other guys, who work for the boss. When both the player and enemy are on the scene, the enemy would continuously shoot lasers at the player (time interval of about 1.5 s). A button would allow the player to shoot lasers at the enemy. If the player is hurt 3 times by the enemy, it’s game over. If the enemy (except the boss) is hurt 3 times, the enemy is dead. The total lives of the player would increase by 1 every time it destroys an enemy. The boss would be dead if it is hurt 15 times. If the player wins, it would get a special bonus that marks “YOU WIN” kind of achievement.

@Dravin
@kenobi
@auntiel
@Suzzy-Grey
Other users are also welcome to participate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You should make a start on the game first, then choose who contributes next.
Also you should wait for a reply from @kenobi @auntiel and @Dravin

5 Likes

AuntieL checking in :slight_smile:

@Suzzy-Grey gives you some great tips for the smooth operation of your challenge :+1:

This sounds like fun and back around April I would have been all over it, but right now my time is woefully oversubscribed :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll contribute as time permits, starting with a couple of demo projects that include some of the features you’re aiming to add to your game:

https://ready.app.link/R5zoAEJea9

This demo was originally contributed by @Ready, and shows how to make a game character shoot bullets at a target. I added a few things, including a shots counter, which covers another of your requirements.

https://ready.app.link/JYnuxipea9

This demo shows how to get started with a platformer game, including enemies.

5 Likes

A challenge i thought of was coding AI for a flappy bird to fly between the poles coming towards it.
This might be too much of a challenge for some users

There’s a Flappy Bird project provided by the getready website. I’ve built it and can confirm that it worked, although the assets are just basic shapes, not the graphics in the thumbnail lol :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :joy:

https://www.getready.io/c007flappybird

6 Likes

I’d love to participate but I sadly won’t have time. School starts back on Monday for me :frowning: I’ll also have to focus on my job along with my own games.

I’ll still be watching this thread though to see how everyone does if people participate! :grin:

I wish I could join though :sweat:

5 Likes

No problem @Dravin :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help @auntiel. I would continue to work on the project, I would share every progress and issues here :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Update 1: The player has 15 lives instead of 3, because it would not be possible to win the game at all with 3 lives.

The enemy shoots laser when it is seen. The enemy disappears when it is hit 3 times

2 Likes