Depth-index controls

Can someone enlighten me as to how the depth-index controls (aka z-index, stacking order) work? At least that’s what I think they are based on the icons and the fact that once in a while they actually do send the selected sprite to the front or back, respectively. Most of the time, though, I just hear the error bell.

41%20PM

4 Likes

They work for me most of the time alright.
Are you using a mobile/tablet?
Maybe the icons are too small and difficult to tap on mobile devices

4 Likes

I believe that’s the in front of or behind when two sprites are on the same plain ( background, scene or user input)

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies! @kenobi, I see it not working even if I duplicate a sprite with the “+” icon, then try to change the stacking order. @Suzzy-Grey, I’ve seen it fail on several devices, primarily desktop devices with keyboard and mouse - Mac, Windows, Chromebook.

Your responses have me more puzzled than ever! :rofl::joy::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

It is also important to understand that the location of the layers is affected by the layer where the object is located (Background, scene, interface). For example, if the object is in the background layer, it will never be higher than the object that is in the scene or interface layer. If the object is in the scene layer, it cannot be higher than the object which the layer is the interface.

3 Likes

Thanks @Ready, that’s what @kenobi said too. I tried to make a demo to show you all what I mean but of course it worked perfectly :crazy_face:

If I come across an example where it doesn’t work, I’ll post it here.

4 Likes