Code challengers

Thank you. That’s what I meant by moving objects

2 Likes

If you mean you can’t see objects in the editor, you can use the zoom buttons to bring them into view.

3 Likes

I have an iPhone XR. Ready still needs support for devices with no bezels

Meaning, what you see when you play games on ready is not what i see

3 Likes

gotcha. You are far braver and more ambitious than me. I don’t even like editing games on iPad. I use the computer for editing and various devices for playing.

3 Likes

This is a good challenge.

I’ve been looking into the code ready has (cuz I haven’t really used it for about a year since I’m using Unity3D now) and I have forgotten a lot lol.

I’ll have to spend a few days of refreshing :joy::joy: plenty of time though since it’s due at the end of the month

3 Likes

@kenobi @auntiel @Dravin

I didn’t do this, but i’ll give you some ideas.
3 sprites drop down together.
Is the middle sprite touching a sprite on its left and right after it lands?

image image image
This is just for ideas.
I don’t claim this is a solution that will work with READY

3 Likes

I’ve tried this with 6 sprites and with a clone army of them. Squares included in the attempted solution with gravity on. If they’re angle is more than x delete

2 Likes

@Suzzy-Grey you keep deleting your posts :rofl:

3 Likes

This is a good idea, and I’ll try it. I’ve been trying to do something similar where I drop several joined sprites and attempt to count how many hit the ground, but with the unreliable collision events I haven’t had much success :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My attempted solution uses 1 sprite.
If collision polygon masks were more precise, i think i could have more accurate results

@auntiel
I just thought of another idea.
Sprite 1 points toward sprite 2. Sprite 3 points toward sprite 2.
Check if sprite 1 angle greater/less than? Check if sprite 3 angle greater/less than?

3 Likes

It’s nearing the end of the month and I’m no closer than I was when I started lol

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to start.

As it seems to be quite a high difficulty and time consuming, I doubt I’ll be able to compete in this one. Sorry guys, I have a tight schedule :sweat_smile:

I’ll be looking forward to see y’alls results though.

3 Likes

Thats fine. I know your busy and it’s difficult using Ready to find a solution.
@kenobi @Dravin

I’ll post my not perfect solution project link at the end of this month.

3 Likes

I’ll post my own not perfect solution at that time as well.

3 Likes

This is a chart of 44 pnonetic sounds in the english language. I was thinking, if it’s possible, to upload these 44 sounds to a Ready project.
Then when tapping a sprite, have a random sound play every 0.3 seconds until 3 seconds have passed.
The combined random sounds could sound like actual words/sentence.
This would be like those spirit boxes ghost hunters use that play random premade sounds.
So what do you think? Does this seem like an interesting project to code or play?

4 Likes

That’s really interesting. I like the idea!

3 Likes

Couldn’t you just use text boxes and randomize them to have the same results minus the sound?

3 Likes

Yes, but it wouldn’t be the same.
When your brain hears random sounds, it tries to make sense out of the chaos.

I don’t know if it’s possible to upload 44 sounds to a Ready project yet.

4 Likes

I think that there should not be problems with the sounds … (Although there are many of them):roll_eyes:. Here is a good service for optimizing size: https://twistedwave.com/online (Use the “Ogg” / 32 bits format settings for best optimization). I think this will be one of the most unusual projects created in Ready Maker.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Suzzy-Grey you certainly have a lot of very creative ideas! :+1::grinning:

Many years ago I created something along these lines, except that instead of random sounds, it allowed the player to add instances from a sounds menu, then adjust the loop speed. I got the idea from a glitch in the software I was building at the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This project does sound intriguing. Offhand it seems like the biggest challenge in building it in Ready would be the tedium of implementing randomly choosing from 44 different objects without the use of an index-referenced data structure i.e. an array or similar.

edited to fix typo

4 Likes