Code challengers

I guess we’ll find out at the end of October! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is kicking my butt :joy: I’ve tried dropping leveling probes, plumb bobs, growing probing sticks and even flooded the ground with squares which made the land spawner stop in it’s tracks before it was done generating.

3 Likes

I am still in need of clarification.

So when the pink square starts flying, you’re supposed to tap it (or whatever you need to tap) to make it fall down and have the exact same width placement as part of the cloned parts of the ground - making you win?

Sorry for repeatedly asking.

2 Likes

You tap it to get it to start moving left. You cannot alter anything in place except the variable fly with your “AI” code. And with no more than six sprites added you have to create something to detect a large enough ground for the pink square to safely land on by changing it’s variable to 1 and then 2 to stop in the land

3 Likes

To add to that, note that you don’t have to set Fly to 2 yourself. The event for that is already in the project. You only need to detect when the box should start descending and set Fly to 1 to make the descent start.

3 Likes

Me too, @kenobi :upside_down_face::rofl:

I have a solution that sort of works, but it’s so fragile! Almost every time I change one small thing, the events get messed up or something else breaks. Also the collision masks seem to be very imprecise. I guess that’s basically what @Suzzy-Grey already said lol.

3 Likes

I had to use SET POSITION fo stop the Box falling when touching land.
Because of my code, the FLY at 2 wasn’t working as it should.
The app glitches, nothing wrong with my code.

3 Likes

lol yes I’ve noticed plenty of glitchiness where it doesn’t obey the logic in the events

3 Likes

You can do whatever remixes you like till you submit a project

2 Likes

that would pretty much go against the spirit of the challenge…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not understanding this at all…

1 Like

The one sent, so all users have the same start code, to be fair

3 Likes

Let’s try again to help you. There’s just something that keeps the penny from dropping. Do you not understand the objective, or is it something in the start project that’s not clear?

3 Likes

imagine you fly a drone and it has to pick its own flat place to land.
The land has to be wide enough so the drone doesn’t crash into walls or anything.
You goal is to code to find a safe landing spot.
Tap to make rhe Box fly left. Code to set FLY to 2 to make the Box to land.

3 Likes

Okay that’s fine.

Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

So no behaviors, you can’t affect anything else of the fly variable except to make it change to a number to make the cube land, no more than 6 objects- so the objects already in the game, do they count towards that 6? I will need to add several objects.

And can I add variables to my desire to help with the detection?

I need the rules a bit more clarified as well

2 Likes

Also can I move some things around? This project isn’t supported on my device

2 Likes

You can add 6 more of your own sprites.
Add variables to anything, as long as they don’t change the land creation and box movement.
You can add any behaviour except joysticks or physics, as that would change the box,land stats.

Sorry, moving things around wouldn’t be fair.

2 Likes

Aw man.

I can’t detect the player on my screen. It doesn’t show.

If I can’t move objects I can’t do this competition cuz it’s unplayable on my device

2 Likes

You can move the box further left so it shows.
And move the land higher to see it if you need to.

2 Likes