Cannot collide the ball

Hi there,
I am a beginner of Ready Maker.I gotta to make a simple ball game.
I want to make a event that when a player ball (white ball) collides on the enemy ball (red ball) subtract 5 to health bar,but isn’t working.

Note:Circle = Player ball , Circle-c1 = Enemy ball

Event Screen

Hope you guys could help me,
Regard.

4 Likes

Here’s the game screen

4 Likes

@BlueWhaleYT try making sure they both have colliders on.

Or, use “if touching object” instead of colliding with object

3 Likes

hi,what did you mean the colliders on?
but I tried to use touching object,it stills not work.

5 Likes

Use physics on, or set one of the balls to solid off and the other ball to soild on

4 Likes

Both solids either on or off (same)and collision set to circle. If one is solid and one is not, the game layers the solid above the non-solid.

4 Likes

Hi @BlueWhaleYT, welcome to our community!

@Dravin, @Suzzy-Grey and @kenobi are all experts here. The conflicting advice from them stems from the different behaviour of objects depending on the mechanism used to animate or control them.

For the use case of an object controlled by the control pad colliding with another object, set them both to solid (the default). Here’s an example that does what I understand you to be after. (Here, the white ball is the player, the red ball is the enemy. The player is controlled by the control pad and the enemy has reciprocating bullet behaviour that causes it to travel back and forth.)

https://ready.app.link/ToTOiQwGH1

note: if you open the link on a mobile device, it will open the project in Ready Maker where you can edit it.

4 Likes

Thanks,I solved the problem right now.!

5 Likes

You’re welcome, glad we could help!

4 Likes

Hi there @auntiel
I am wonder what option causes the red ball move it’s x position automatically?

4 Likes

Hi @BlueWhaleYT,

It’s the reciprocating bullet behaviour. If you have a mobile device (or newer Chromebook), I encourage you to open the link on that device, which opens my demo project in Ready Maker where you can “remix” it to store a copy and see all the details.

The red ball has behaviours:

• “bullet”, set to 180 degree flow direction and “bounce”. This causes the horizontal movement;

• “stay in frame”. This activates the “bounce” when the ball reaches the end of the stage;

It also has Physics enabled with “gravity” off and “lock y position” on.

A really efficient way to get a feel for the Ready platform is to build a couple of the sample games on the “Learn” page: https://www.getready.io/learn

4 Likes