Hi! I can build game map bigger than smartphone display? Thank you!
Hi @yellyex! Walcome to the forum! Yes, sure! But best of all, to optimize your project, clone and delete objects. A large number of different objects in the scene can make your game unplayable. This is a simple example of an infinite level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7thQo6s04&t=0s. In this game, we update the position for background objects and generate a curve in random projection.
Thank you! I saw this lesson. I liked how the line changes randomly. I want to make a base in the middle of the display, and around the wasteland. A unit can move through wastelands, moving away from the base. Top view (top-down). How can i implement this?
It is difficult to say in a nutshell, since the logic for this game requires a large number of events, I would create such a variant:
- Use 4 large backgrounds and rearrange to a new position depending on the location of the camera (Seamless background).
- Use a separate object for the camera, to which you can also attach spawners using the “Join” behaviors.
- Activate each of the characters when you click on it and at that moment move the camera to the position of the active character.
- Characters can be moved behind a separate trigger (for example, any object with the “Target” name) using the “Move Towards” behavior.
- The object “Goal” is moved using the “last touch” position
… further it is necessary to implement the logic of shooting and cloning of enemies or other objects.