Can build open world?

Hi! I can build game map bigger than smartphone display? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @yellyex! Walcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, sure! But best of all, to optimize your project, clone and delete objects. A large number of different objects in the scene can make your game unplayable. This is a simple example of an infinite level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7thQo6s04&t=0s. In this game, we update the position for background objects and generate a curve in random projection.

2 Likes

Thank you! I saw this lesson. :slight_smile: I liked how the line changes randomly. I want to make a base in the middle of the display, and around the wasteland. A unit can move through wastelands, moving away from the base. Top view (top-down). How can i implement this?

2 Likes

It is difficult to say in a nutshell, since the logic for this game requires a large number of events, I would create such a variant:

1. Use 4 large backgrounds and rearrange to a new position depending on the location of the camera (Seamless background).
  2. Use a separate object for the camera, to which you can also attach spawners using the “Join” behaviors.
  3. Activate each of the characters when you click on it and at that moment move the camera to the position of the active character.
  4. Characters can be moved behind a separate trigger (for example, any object with the “Target” name) using the “Move Towards” behavior.
  5. The object “Goal” is moved using the “last touch” position
    … further it is necessary to implement the logic of shooting and cloning of enemies or other objects.
2 Likes