Ball World 3D đź‘ľ

Hey Guys!

Ever since I have completed my very first tutorial on Unity, I’ve already started to see what I can do.

I am the developer and owner of @Network5, and what you’re gonna see is what I have done so far.

I’d like to introduce what I’ve made in just 48 Hours of development off of Unity.

So what’s done?

• Player controls :white_check_mark:
  • Player Jumps :white_check_mark:
  • Village :white_check_mark:
  • Maps ground is laid out :white_check_mark:
  • Imported Assets :white_check_mark:
  • Physics for the Player :white_check_mark:
  • Spawn area :white_check_mark:
  • Forest around spawn area :white_check_mark: (will do more work on this)
  • Camera follows Player smoothly :white_check_mark:

So what’s to come?

Well, you’ll have to wait for more updates very, VERY soon :wink:

4 Likes

It’s been another 48 hours, so here we go with some more updates!

What’s been completed in these 48 hours?

• Interactive objects
  • Jump on interactive objects
  • 42% of the map has been designed
  • City
  • Old Ruins
  • Trees around Village to give a cleaner feel
  • Bug Fixes
  • Collider fixes

image image

What do you think? :smile:

What’s to come?

Like I said, I’ll be updating you guys every so often. Here’s a to-do list I’ve made in order -

• Finish design of the map
  • Puzzles
  • Gems spread across map
  • Gems rotate on their y-axis
  • Win scene
  • Dangers
  • Lose scene
  • Main Menu
  • Spanish translation (I know many people who are bilingual in English & Spanish, and some have agreed to help out with this! :grin:)
  • English Trailer
  • Spanish Trailer

More will be added soon! This is not the completed to-do list :wink:

3 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes

Here’s another view:

The whole map so far:

3 Likes

Hey guys!

I have a new update on the game. I knew some games made off of unity that I loved had “Fog.” I wanted to try it out, so I did and I love it!

Check it out:

I will be posting pictures like this from now on so you guys get a better view of the game.

Another idea for the game:

• Quality Mode! Choose from low, to medium, or to high

EDIT: I just noticed the floating tree in that view. Completely slipped my view. Just fixed it!

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that I added a camera fix. The camera was not aligned with the player and didn’t go with the controls, and was hard to play. Now it’s much simpler, aligned, and goes with the controls!

2 Likes

If this game has a Halloween update, here is what it will look like for its shadows:

And some more images of the game:

EDIT: New idea, a save your progress feature. This game is gonna have a lot to it. Wanna try it out!

2 Likes

New update!

I am now 65% done with the design of the map!

I added a new farm area:

And the village has a new mushroom path at its entrance:

What do you think? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, so much work putting in all those assets.

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely am working hard on it!

2 Likes

Update:

:white_check_mark: 70% of the map has been completed
:white_check_mark: 100% of the map has been outlined
:white_check_mark: Cubes have a new design
:white_check_mark: Cubes now have a use, and work correctly

Sorry about the late update! Had finals, but finished today! Back to updating the game :grinning:

Should be done with the design of the map before the end of the year!

4 Likes

Hey guys!

I have estimated my completion of the design of the map to 85% completed!

I have a website where you can hear my story on my experience on game development, and updates on my Unity projects! - http://dsdev.onuniverse.com

@Ready is featured in it too!

3 Likes

Hey guys!

After 1 month and 2 days of progress on Ball World 3D, I want to give you a FULL update!

Since the last update I’ve made, this has happened:

• 90% completion with the design of the map
  • Invisible borders on the sides of the map so you no longer fall off
  • map looks infinite (I see myself making future updates when this game first releases publicly, so new places will be added)
  • collider fixes

I also have a website for these types of updates: http://dsdev.onuniverse.com/updates

After 1 month and 2 days of creating this unity project, this has been done:

• 90% completion with the design of the map
  • Player moves
  • Player Jumps
  • Camera follows Player

The time I’ve spent as of right now has mainly focused on the players movements, and especially the design of the map.

Designing is no easy task, and this map is huge. I’ll update you once again once the map is 100% complete, and I’ll move onto basic gameplay and tasks!

Places so far in the map:

• spawn area
  • City
  • graveyard
  • farm
  • village
  • old ruins
  • NEW AREA: TOWER DEFENSE! (I have worked on this area for so long, that’s why updates have been slow. These places are huge and is heavily wooded so it’s harder to travel through, creating more obstacles for the player)
  • ??? [LAST AREA: TO BE MADE!]

I hope this inspires people on ready to use Unity and further game development :slight_smile:

I have used Ready for 11 months and this is now happening! Huge thanks to Ready for helping me the absolute most on this journey!

I’ll post screenshots of the game once OneDrive once works on my computer again. OneDrive is a storage place on my computer and it’s somehow stopped working. My screenshots are saved onto there. Once fixed, I’ll send pictures of the new tower defense area :wink:

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Another update!

I think it is safe to say that I’ll be 100% done with the design of the map within a week.

I realized I mentioned that I should be done extremely quickly, but I found a new idea I want to try for the map.

Remember how I mentioned the new tower defense area? And how it’s heavily wooded? Well, I’m make a new biome that’ll completely be different than that, so many open spots - so much room to move in. However, you may be thinking - why does it take so much longer to make it then?

Well… i won’t say the name just yet but it’s a biome where grass dominates the biome. Now I’m sure you can guess what it is now :wink:

OneDrive hasn’t worked yet, so in the meantime, I just took some photos of the game - as I do want to show you guys what I’ve been working on lately.

THE NEW TOWER DEFENSE AREA! -

(Keep note, this is only one side of the tower defense area :wink: there’s also a blue side. You’ll be able to see that in the first release!)

Invisible borders -

See how it stops in the middle of the emptiness and the playable map? Did that to make it look like the map keeps going.

Let me know what you think, and your feedback! :grin:

Working really hard on this game, and I really hope you guys are enjoying these little devlogs im posting on the forums :grinning:

3 Likes

Looking good!!
Messaging u now.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! :heart_eyes::heart: Can’t wait to see what this game turns into in another month! It’s growing quick!

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

The new biome is going to have to be changed.

The new biome was going to be called “Grasslands” and many grass assets were going to have to be placed.

I’m no longer liking this idea, so I’m going to have to come up with a different area that is quite open and free. I’ll keep you updated.

If I were to make it a biome, possibly over 1,500+ indivual grass assets would have to be placed. It’s been 17 days.

I’ll try to come up with something better!

3 Likes

This game has taken a pause for a while. Collecting some ideas and gathering inspiration!

Going to be contacting our music producer for an official soundtrack very soon :+1: - having this worked on months in advance will be a great idea. Remember Show Your Talent? We didn’t discuss an agreement til weeks and weeks before it was released!

3 Likes

Cool, we are waiting the new awesome projects from You and Your great team!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey guys,

So so sorry for my absence! Been very busy and haven’t had time for game development or anything. HOWEVER!

I’d like to FINALLY announce that the Ball World 3D amp is officially COMPLETE!!

Here’s what we have! -

• Spawn area
  • City
  • Old Ruins
  • Village
  • Farm
  • Graveyard
  • Tower Defense
  • and now: Open Settled Fields!

Open Settled Fields is the new part of the map and is basically self explanatory: it’s open! There’s so much space to explore and see, and you can freely roam around. However, there are fences in many places, road signs, and rocks that may get in your way- that way this part of the map isn’t so completely flat.

Check it out:

Here’s a checklist so far:

• player movement :white_check_mark:
  • player jumps :white_check_mark:
  • camera follows player :white_check_mark:
  • 100% map completion :white_check_mark:
  • Gems :x:
  • Gems rotate :x:
  • Win/Lose Scene :x:
  • (“secret obstacle”) :x:
  • main menu :x:

I’ll also be doing events for the game! Remember when I said I was looking for inspiration? Well, I was thinking of events to place in the game when this game was complete! Some events may be:

• Christmas event
  • Halloween event
  • reggae event
  • sport event
  • ocean event
  • party event
  • and much more!!
    Each event would be monthly.

So what do you think so far? What are your opinions of Ball World 3D? This game will now get into basic gameplay instead of just design now!

3 Likes