Animated gif won't animate in Ready Maker

Hello again from ‘Down Under’ :slight_smile:

I have created a 2 cell animated gif as a demo. The gif animates perfectly from the PC, but when I Upload it as an Asset into a demo Ready Maker program, the gif is not animated.

Please assist me in getting the gif to animate. The Animation Behavior shows that it is a gif and I have the gif animation on (Looped On, Active On)!

birdie%20gif

The gif animates correctly when shown in a browser and is attached.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I think i had that same problem. I think the gif has to have at least 6 to 8 frames to animate on Ready.

1 Like

Hello Paul, try copy the first frame and paste him in the end: “Frame1-Frame2-Frame1”.

1 Like

Thank you Suzzy-Grey and Ready

The gif now animates perfectly :slight_smile:

HELP

I don’t seem to be able to add any behaviors to the gif :frowning:

Please help. Many thanks.

Paul.

1 Like

If You select the your gif, open the behaviors tab and tap to the “Add Behavior” button - nothing happens?:flushed:

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response Ready.

With my little birdy gif which has 6 cells I cannot add any behaviours even though it animates correctly in Ready Maker.

However, if I added the animated flower gif from gifi uploads I can attach behaviours and drag the animated flower around the window and it will animate.

I think there must be something wrong with my gif.

I am on the IPad at the moment. I will turn the computer on in about a half hour and send you my birdy gif for you to test if that is okay.

Thank you

Paul

1 Like

VERY STRANGE.

When I started a new project my birds gif did not show up as an uploaded gif. I then did a few things and the gif showed up.

Now in the new project which is just the animated flower and birds gif, both gifs can have behaviours added, But I cannot get my birds gif working with any behaviours in the little children’s game that i am creating.

There must be something wrong with my little children’s game.

I will add it here in a little while for you to look at.

Thank you.

Paul.

1 Like

Here a link to the problem file that simply doesn’t allo me to add behaviours to the birdy gif, even though the birdy can be dragged in other Ready Maker files.

https://ready.app.link/cPozmQ22RW

Please have a look and see if you can work out what is wrong.

I am stumped.

Thank you.

2 Likes

No Problem, Paul, I will look it, you could also send me the your GIF? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Ready.

There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the gif. I finally worked out what was wrong with a lot of trial and error, which to be honest has me a bit worried.

The background image was on a scene layer, which resulted in the gif not being able to have any Behaviors :frowning:

When I moved the background image to the background layer, the gif would animate AND could have Behaviours added.

This is my first serious project which will have many little gifs animated and a lot of things happening on the screen.

Once I have mastered this single scene project, I will proceed to create a more complicated project, with more than one background. I am hoping there will be a simple way for me to have more than one background, without having to put the background on the background, because if I do I may not easily be able to flip the background to another image.

Here is a screen dump of what I am currently doing with this first project.

Thank you for your help Ready.

Paul.

2 Likes

Hi Paul! Ahh, Understod.
Here are some guidelines for working with layers:
-If you cannot select a layer, use the hierarchy:

-If you need to place a layer above or below, use the buttons on the manipulator:

or program the layer z-position in the event manager:

-For the all controls select the “User Interface” layer for better clickability:

1 Like

Your project looks very beautiful!:clap::clap::clap::+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Reader.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain everything in detail.

Thank you for your kind words about the project.

I am hoping the project will really be nice for young children. It will have background Tuba music playing. There will also be some more little characters appearing in loops, but that is a secret for now :slight_smile:

Once the project is finished, and gets everyone’s (your) approval, I hope that it can be uploaded to the Ipad site for people to download and play for free.

2 Likes

Great idea!:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like