A winter survival game

Game Link: https://ready.app.link/220yeiT7JO
Try not to freeze Get to the Campfire in time Summit your scores For Others to beat.

Phone:https://ready.app.link/dembqYGSbP

4 Likes

This is pretty “cool.”

2 Likes

Thanks! Also that was a good one

clever! oh, and “cool” too :slight_smile:

I sent my score, but it didn’t show up on the board. Is there more to it?

1 Like

d’oh! I guess you have to play it in the app, where you’re logged in. I was playing it in the browser.

@Creep5432 - This really cool game!:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi! I gave your game a try. This is a really cool idea! Except, I find it a bit too easy, as I can play for minutes upon minutes at a time, but I mean, you want your players playing for a long time so that’s understandable. But to add difficulty to this game, maybe try making the player slower, and make the fireplaces spawn a bit further apart. Also, there’s a really strange glitch in the game where the asset, “score label,” flickers:

1 Like

Thanks But I’m not sure why that happens also the more Cold the player is the slower The Player Will go and I will join the Score Board To The Player so that that doesn’t happen i also could Make it harder by doing your idea or the Game is First easy but in time the player gets 2 times the cold every 0.1 seconds thanks For the review :smiley:

1 Like

Not a problem! This game is great and definitely is fun to play. I’ll add it to my liked page so I can play it more often! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :grin: and Bye!

1 Like

@Creep5432 I think you definitely want the game to start out easy, or some players will give up. I didn’t find it too easy at all, and also there will be variations depending on device performance. Your idea of starting out easy and getting harder will be your best option I would think.

2 Likes

Maybe my experience was different. Not sure, but I found it quite easy, but I still really like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve updated it. about that flickering stuff it didn’t work sadly :sob: but I did add something new that wasn’t that necessary

Hi @Network5 , that’s exactly my point: some people like you will find it very easy but others (like clumsy me) will find it challenging. My observation is that most games work best when they start out very easy to get players of all skill levels and all devices on board, then increase the difficulty as you play to keep it interesting.

Oh and I love the game too; I’m thinking about using it in future classes with my students.

1 Like

@Creep5432 it doesn’t flicker for me, but it’s for sure harder now. My scores dropped from 70-80 to under 20 lol. I’m playing on a computer, controlling the player via the keyboard. Maybe it’s easier on a touchscreen device.

(edited to remove wrong quoted post)

@Creep5432 I have great news for you! I found a solution to stopping the flickers that the score label creates. Now, I’m not sure as if this will affect PC users, but I am a mobile user and it seems to be fixed. I created a remix of your project and made these changes, and I will also provide a picture for each:

I’m sure there’s a more professional and efficient way to fixing this, but I hope this will do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve Updated the game so the Score label shouldn’t be Flickering Anymore :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Creep5432, I like your game so much I decided to try adding some scenery. At first the sky is clear, then a cloud cover appears and finally it starts snowing.

https://ready.app.link/DfVt4SrkWO

There’s a weird glitch at the end where I can’t prevent the final player skin from floating around the score screen. It doesn’t hide with the class and I tried hiding it individually as well but I don’t know what’s going on. If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears.

1 Like

Hi @auntiel! You can tru use the counter for this. Example: If you lose, the counter set value 1 and add the new event, when: if the counter set value 1, player/Appearance/Set Hidden/ Yes.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @Ready! I fixed it now. I hadn’t noticed that the condition in the “coldest” event was making the player reappear. D’oh!

1 Like